Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2022, 09:01 AM   #1

3.0 Ground Control Issue

Have a 2016 Northpoint, have lost two center jacks on my leveling System. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
20220524_122737.jpg   20220524_122837.jpg  
NorthpointWhitelighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:06 AM   #2

Hm,,, I was at Lake Isabella for the last week enjoying Wind Surfing and Kayaking... There, most folks park their RV's parallel to the lake. Meaning you either park your low side on ramps or dig a tire drop trench on the high side, to level out. I counted at least a half dozen folks that just let their jacks do the job and completely lifted the the low side of their RV's off the wheels from the ground. This is not a good practice at all and when you factor in the wind forces that come up every day, i can't see their jacks lasting very long. Not suggesting the OP does this but pointing out that this practice will destroy your jacks and put a lot of stress on your RV frame.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:46 PM   #3

Not the case these are the middle jack, they come down after the unit self levels. We go locally most of the time to the same Campground. Middle Jack's just stablelise the unit. Front and rear do most of the work. But thanks for the input.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthpointWhitelighting View Post
Not the case these are the middle jack, they come down after the unit self levels. We go locally most of the time to the same Campground. Middle Jack's just stablelise the unit. Front and rear do most of the work. But thanks for the input.
I've never heard of middle jack failures as you point out.. You are correct, the middle jacks have the least amount of stress, unless of course they are being used to lift the RV off the ground. Jacks are not that difficult to replace on your own effort. .
Old 06-21-2022, 03:34 PM   #5

Yes I know just wondering if anyone had an issue and if it may be a bigger issue like the controller not stopping the motor or maybe just two hall motors. Extended warranty running out next month so going to let RV Tec do the work. Just don't want to damage two new jack with another hide issue like bad controller. But thanks for the reply. Had one guy send me to a private Northpoint forum. But can't seem to get into it to see what that issue turn out to be because it's locked down.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthpointWhitelighting View Post
Yes I know just wondering if anyone had an issue and if it may be a bigger issue like the controller not stopping the motor or maybe just two hall motors. Extended warranty running out next month so going to let RV Tec do the work. Just don't want to damage two new jack with another hide issue like bad controller. But thanks for the reply. Had one guy send me to a private Northpoint forum. But can't seem to get into it to see what that issue turn out to be because it's locked down.
On your other post someone suggested the motor was not stoping on the 'retract' and the shearing was happening as a result. This scenario makes more sense as thats where/when the weakest point of stress occurs. I believe synching the controllers to the mid jacks will solve the problem.. LCI has many videos showing the process. My bet, this will resolve your issues. Good Luck
Old 06-22-2022, 06:40 AM   #7

Thanks I will look on YouTube to see what I can find. Thanks