Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2018, 03:33 PM   #1

36% off msrp.

Has anyone got much more of a discount than that? Coach has an MSRP of 52k, and marked down to 32. Wondering how much lower than that I can reasonably offer. It’s an 18, and of course they want to move it off the lot.

Good news is I guess this is the time of year to go RV shopping!
Half Ton Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #2
Site Team

That's pretty darn good provided it is the actual and verified MSRP. Not likely to get much better.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
That's pretty darn good provided it is the actual and verified MSRP. Not likely to get much better.
X-2.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #4
Site Team

As long as that 36% off is the actual selling price, it is a good deal. Be aware that some of these dealers have been known to tack on "dealer prep fees" and "documentation fees" after quoting a low price.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #5

That is where you should be for end year clear out pricing. Got about the same on our rig.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:21 AM   #6

Or they artificially inflate the MSRP. That's been know to happen since there is no Federal law governing a MSRP window sticker like there is in the auto industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
As long as that 36% off is the actual selling price, it is a good deal. Be aware that some of these dealers have been known to tack on "dealer prep fees" and "documentation fees" after quoting a low price.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:39 AM   #7

The msrp is reasonably correct, it adds up just about right on the build/price portion of the Jayco website.

Thanks all. I’ll try to beat up only a little bit on the price, I’m sure they have been paying floor plan for a while on this unit.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:33 AM   #8

I think you can go to Jayco's website and build that camper.That should give you a better idea on MSRP!Beware of fee's such as shipping dealer prep.Dealer prep in Arizona for my camper was adding one battery.They did not even check the air pressure in the tires! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
xxxcamper.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Ton Heavy View Post
Has anyone got much more of a discount than that? Coach has an MSRP of 52k, and marked down to 32. Wondering how much lower than that I can reasonably offer. It’s an 18, and of course they want to move it off the lot.

Good news is I guess this is the time of year to go RV shopping!
I got 30% off the MSRP on a special order........I was a happy "camper"

Correction: 31.5% off MSRP
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:34 AM   #10

I got nearly 40% off on a left over 2016 in February this year ($26k down to $16k). They threw in a wash and several other goodies (large porch carpet, leveling blocks, chemicals, toilet paper - which I thought was funny) with the price.

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36fire412 View Post
I got nearly 40% off on a left over 2016 in February this year ($26k down to $16k). They threw in a wash and several other goodies (large porch carpet, leveling blocks, chemicals, toilet paper - which I thought was funny) with the price.
Nice! It’s been a good unit for you?
Old 11-12-2018, 06:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Nice! It’s been a good unit for you?
It's been great. Weve been on 11 trips, put on about 2,400 miles and never left Michigan (yet). We adopted three little people that call us mom and dad and the quad bunk in the front of the trailer works well for that.

I also see where spell correct changed my wdh to wash in my original post. I did get a clean camper at purchase but they threw a hitch in too. I was happy with the deal since used ones of the same model were nearly the same price.

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #13

Nice, and congrats on n all fronts!
We’ve never owned an RV ( other than a small trailer that has not moved since 57!) and the horrror stories all over the place is making us move in trepidation. Very obvious that they don’t build them like they used to.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:22 AM   #14

Smile We got our Jayflight 31QBDS for almost 40% off Msrp

Wife and I just drove to OKC to pickup our Jayco Jarflight 31QBDS. The price was unbelievable. It was a 2018 model that they wanted off the lot. They tried upping the price when we got there but luckily my wife saved the email with the discounted price. We walked out with the discounted price. Can't beat last year models when the new models are coming out.
jcrammell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #15

I just got 41% off my 2018 Greyhawk 31FS. Deal was made thru email and texting! Camping world in MO. I did have to fly and drive it back so more like a 39-40% savings.
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:20 PM   #16

Funny you mention Camping World......

I was going to start a new thread on this but I'll continue....

I have heard/read a LOT of things about CW on the internet, and very little, if any was very good. CW has a local outlet near me, but do not carry Eagle HT there. But on my facebook feed, an ad popped up from them for nearly half off a unit I am sorta interested in at one 4 hours away. Hmmm. About 7 grand less than anywhere I have seen so far, and I have been scouring the internet and dealers. Less than 27K for a 27.5 fifth wheel. Too good to be true really.....

Anyway, I shot them a "Submit an offer" price, the same as their rock bottom price and immediately got a call from their after hours office in Georgia. I know CW has a practice of charging for this and that, and their prices reflect financing at their numbers house of choice. I told the guy on the phone when I got that nearly instant call back (did it from a bar on my phone)that I was not interested in the usual run around, I wanted to walk in, check out the camper for a few hours hooked up to every thing, write a check, and tow it home. He said "Sure."

Too good to be true?

I was really going for the 24.5 at a local mom and pop, the 27.5 is at the limit (or maybe slightly over!) of what I wanted to tow. I will have to be careful of what I put in it. Like Ferris Buellor said, sometimes you just gotta say....
Old 11-14-2018, 07:34 PM   #17

Quote:
I was going to start a new thread on this but I'll continue....

I have heard/read a LOT of things about CW on the internet, and very little, if any was very good. CW has a local outlet near me, but do not carry Eagle HT there. But on my facebook feed, an ad popped up from them for nearly half off a unit I am sorta interested in at one 4 hours away. Hmmm. About 7 grand less than anywhere I have seen so far, and I have been scouring the internet and dealers. Less than 27K for a 27.5 fifth wheel. Too good to be true really.....

Anyway, I shot them a "Submit an offer" price, the same as their rock bottom price and immediately got a call from their after hours office in Georgia. I know CW has a practice of charging for this and that, and their prices reflect financing at their numbers house of choice. I told the guy on the phone when I got that nearly instant call back (did it from a bar on my phone)that I was not interested in the usual run around, I wanted to walk in, check out the camper for a few hours hooked up to every thing, write a check, and tow it home. He said "Sure."

Too good to be true?

I was really going for the 24.5 at a local mom and pop, the 27.5 is at the limit (or maybe slightly over!) of what I wanted to tow. I will have to be careful of what I put in it. Like Ferris Buellor said, sometimes you just gotta say....
People can say what they want about CW but if you're well informed and know what you're doing you can score some of the best pricing through them!
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studiovette View Post
People can say what they want about CW but if you're well informed and know what you're doing you can score some of the best pricing through them!
I’ll give it a shot, not much to lose but my time and my patience.
Really do lke the 27.5.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studiovette View Post
Ditto! Back in Dec 2017, we got 38% off MSRP (confirmed the MSRP at the Jayco website) on our 2018 Jayco Eagle at a Campingworld (CW). It required a very long drive out-of-state to purchase it, but it was worth it. In our nationwide search at the time, the best deal we could work was only 30% off MSRP. Bottom line it saved us almost $5000 which made the long drive worth it.

Yes, CW threw up some smoking mirrors in terms of financing, dealer, and prep fees, etc. but it took all of 2-3 minutes to clear the smoke to calculate the out-the-door price---not a big deal. BTW, our OTD price included a $1000 discount if we financed it through CW. Once we verified the hard-copy loan contract had no early, pre-payment penalty we went ahead and financed it. We paid the loan off 5 days later.

We've since received good warranty support at our local CW. We also have the option of getting warranty support from a nearby, independent Jayco dealer. They welcome the business. Their service manager says a large percentage of their service dept. business (and profits) are derived from providing warranty support to customers who purchased their new Jaycos from CW.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:12 AM   #20

St Louis Or Columbia Mo Camping World?

Has anybody had any dealings with the Camping World at St Louis or Columbia?
Are they good about service? Pricing? Run around sales techniques? I hate the idea of a additional discount for financing through them. I pay cash for everything that way I don't owe for anything
If they can't give me the same or more discount for NOT financing then they don't need my business.
There's no way they can provide a valid reason for a financing discount vs a cash sale.
Anybody who has ever been in business would know better.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote