Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #1

A/C Cover For Coleman 8000 Series?

Hi,

I have a 2009 JayFlight 22FB with the Coleman 8000 series A/C and I'm looking for a vinyl AC cover.

I don't see the 8000 series listed anywhere, but there are plenty for other models of Colemans at CW, Amazon, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations or has anyone bought one for their AC and can steer me in the right direction with a specific part number or make and model? There must be something out there that can do the job....

Thanks!
Bluegrass Picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #2

Why do you want to cover it? It is designed to be in the elements and a cover will just trap moisture due to temp and humidity changes instead of letting it dry out.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Why do you want to cover it? It is designed to be in the elements and a cover will just trap moisture due to temp and humidity changes instead of letting it dry out.
I've covered the AC on every RV I've owned to prevent the plastic housing from decaying and cracking, and to keep junk and debris out in the winter.
Bluegrass Picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #4

I agree, and mine is always covered in the winter to keep sun off the plastic, and to keep insects, bird droppings, and twigs out of it. Grumpy is right that it is designed to withstand rain and other elements, to a degree, but why not protect it during storage so it will last longer ? Even plastic wheel chocks have an expiration date that takes into account the adverse effects of sunlight and weather over time, so why not protect your A/C cover, just like tires, when you can ?

As to where you can get a cover, you need to measure the three dimensions of your A/C, and then shop for a cover that will accommodate those dimensions. Don't worry about the model number of the Coleman - just the dimensions. I ordered one for my A/C model, and it was too small. Used the dimensions next time, and came out OK.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #5

I have a friend who has a 12 year old Jayco and he used a UV protecting spray paint on the AC shroud for extra protection (He also keeps his RV in covered storage when not camping). I thought I would also give that a try...can't hurt

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #6

The cover we have for our 8000 AC unit is an ADCO size 26 part# 3026 (26"W x 13.5"D x 37"L) at Camping World for $16.99 thru Nov 4th. Fits like a glove on our unit