Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > General Jayco RV Chat
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2022, 11:39 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFusion View Post
Welp, I heard back on my support ticket to Dometic from last week. They said there is something wrong with my AC as it should not be pulling that kind of a draw at those temps. It should only pull about 13.2 amps (roughly 1580w) at 95*.

That's interesting and it was what occurred to me. However, I was curious enough to google around and did find a mention about A/C motors drawing more current in hot temperatures because of the increase in back-pressure.

There's always a chance you got a "green" tech at Dometic. But...
Did they have a possible path to pursue?
Did they just say "something's wrong?"
Old 06-27-2022, 01:40 PM   #42

Yesterday I went through my 19 321 RSTS manual package to check current draws on my AC's as they were both drawing the same 13.5 Amps on start-up. Dealer told me i had two units, one 13K and one 15K. Turns out i had a manual for a Coleman 13.5 K and two manuals for Airxcell 15K.. Both units looked identical so i went up to the roof and removed covers to inspect models,. Both AC units are Airxcell 48254C869 15K which now explains why they are drawing the same. As i live in the hot desert, i wanted to check if they draw more amps when the temps get up over 100. Last night @ about 80 degrees i turned on both units, each unit was drawing 13.2 Amps, i left both on. Right now the outside temp is 104 degrees, and they are now drawing 14.1 Amp 14.2 respectfully. The inside of the trailer is like an ice box. Actually feels better in there then the house..And i still had a few cold ones left in the Fridge.. :-)

So based on this test, the AC units appear to draw a little more amperage operating in the heat but not enough to concern me with the issues the OP is experiencing
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 02:13 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
And i still had a few cold ones left in the Fridge.. :-)

That's the most important part, right there!