Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2017, 08:13 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Have to disagree. What was ask is not so simple of a question or at least not an easy one to answer. Putting the ?? into context is important to the answers. The new EPA/California compliant cans are the all to typical result of Pin head people who lack the ability to understand an issue and properly define a contribution to a problem and the end result is that they create a much worse problem. I suspect many people living in large urban areas on the east or west coast have never had the need to fuel a lawn mower or weedeater. These are the same people who want to restrict farms that raise cows because they emit methane gas. Nothing political about the above statement.

So the answer to the questions lies in ideas or techniques to over rule or eliminate the mess that has been created by the new ventless cans. I feel the OPs pain and have personally spilled gallons of gas over the first couple years of dealing with the new cans. One could complain that we are all law breakers by defying the EPA or the brainyacks in California, but so be it. I'd rather put the gas in my boat than get a hernia trying to figure out the new gas cans.

Throw out the new spout and replace it with one from Tractor supply or an old can that you are replacing.

I agree. Stating that a product sucks because of government regulation isn't talking politics. It is explaining why the situation is as it is.

It's no different than pointing out that step ladders are expensive because of liability insurance.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:26 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I will take a trip to Canada for gas cans next year but not from Fl. My summer camp is in Keene NY only about an hr from Canada but not going there this year.

Hope the EPA police do not stop me at the border for bringing highly illegal non compliant gas cans to USA. Probably would get more jail time than smuggling drugs

Rock
Think it is illegal to sell them not to own or posses one. We should go back to the old valves on propane tanks before they implemented the new valves. Forget why the new valves were required, think it had something to do with not opening and leaking gas unless a hose/device was properly attached. We all had to pay to have a new valve installed in order to get it filled.

I went thru the exchange process at W World each time one of my tanks went empty. They didn't check and you ended up with a new tank with a new valve.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:17 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&A View Post
I've posted this before - coming up on one year with no leaks and no smell. Fills the generator without need to tip it over.
I purchased this as well. Since I live in Ca. and we regulate EVERYTHING from the air to your job, I had my nephew in Vegas order and ship it to me. Best can ever. Hands down. worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Cirrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:41 AM   #44

This video shows how to convert a "safety" gas can into one that actually works. I did it myself and it makes what used to be a PIA into a much better experience.

Happy camping!

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:17 AM   #45

Pawpaw
Funny, it always amazies me what common scenes people can come up with to fix stuff.

Anytime u hear Hi I am from the gov and here to help you. Run as fast and far as u can.

Just another example of the run away EPA
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:07 AM   #46

Americans spill 17 million gallons of fuel each year while refilling their gas-powered lawn and garden equipment. That’s more petroleum than the Exxon Valdez spilled in the Gulf of Alaska. And it happens every year.

Old fashioned plastic gasoline containers evaporate volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that produce smog, reduce our air quality and can be directly harmful to your family. Gas spills may even find their way into the ground and contaminate the water table.

Are the new cans really that difficult to use? A small price to pay for a clean world for or grandkids and future RVers to enjoy.

wan-der-lust's YouTube Channel and Instagram

wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:23 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Americans spill 17 million gallons of fuel each year while refilling their gas-powered lawn and garden equipment. That’s more petroleum than the Exxon Valdez spilled in the Gulf of Alaska. And it happens every year.

Old fashioned plastic gasoline containers evaporate volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that produce smog, reduce our air quality and can be directly harmful to your family. Gas spills may even find their way into the ground and contaminate the water table.

Are the new cans really that difficult to use? A small price to pay for a clean world for or grandkids and future RVers to enjoy.
i find that hard to believe and yes they are, and they cause us to spill more because of the difficulty of use IMHO
Old 05-11-2017, 07:36 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyExpress View Post
i find that hard to believe and yes they are, and they cause us to spill more because of the difficulty of use IMHO
Lol. With these new gas cans, the amount spilled in California alone will triple the nation's total spilled volume. Yes, they are horrid. Yes they are a failed design. No, it's not worth a "cleaner tomorrow" if I can't access my fuel without spilling half of it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Cirrob is offline   Reply With Quote