Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2019, 05:40 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell5263 View Post
I have a screw pushing up through the linoleum floor also. What did you do to fix this? I don't want to take it to the shop for that.
Had the same problem! I took a razor knife and made a small cut with the grain in the linoleum, pulled up the edges a little and stuck a screw driver in there and tightened the screw. Hey it worked and you can't find where I did it at.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #42

Thumbs up Longtime Jayco owner

My husband & I purchased our 2010 22FB Jayflight brand new & we continue to love our "home away". We usually take at least 5+ trips a season, anywhere from a week to a month, either close to home or far away. No major problems, just normal wear & tear. I think of our trips as great adventures & learning experiences. Especially since we can bring our 2 dogs & 2 cats.
We talk about buying a new TT but we end up saying we really don't need a bigger one with slides, etc. Plus we know what we have. Our home on wheels is like us-not brand new, a little banged up but still going strong!
chamblyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:37 PM   #43

We have a 2013 Jayflight 22FB. 7 years, 12,800 miles and 157 nights camping with NO issues at all.
WayneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:58 PM   #44

Agreed. All manufacturers have issues but most are minor & fixed under warranty. We had a 2014 Jayco 318 RETS. Enjoyed it for 4 years & thought it would be our last trailer (we're retired) & had only a few minor problems & liked it a lot. Last year we got the itch to look around for something new to improves some layout issues & looked at Jayco first but the ideal layout was 1,000 lbs more than we could tow so we looked around. We settled on a Cougar 32 RLI which was lighter & has served us well for 1.5 years. I was a bit wary after reading comments on the Keystone forum but realized that most comments are about complaints but the people we spoke to were satisfied with their campers in spite of minor problems. Enjoy your camper & safe travels.
Jack2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:11 PM   #45

Which hybrid do you have? I also have a 2017 hybrid, mine is the 17 XFD
Therobbins41406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:36 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrnigan View Post
We just returned from Corpus Christi and rolled 20,000 trouble free miles on our 2017 29RKS. We have towed from San Diego to Bar Harbor, from the Grand Tetons to the Florida panhandle, generally avoiding interstates (and unpaved roads). Aside from replacing the Furion stereo and small water leak (repaired by the dealer) when new, and new tires, absolutely NO problems.
We spend the winter in Port Aransas and headed out soon. We also have been very happy with our Feather.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:11 PM   #47

Bought our rig used in April 2018 with big plans for travel. Things change and we have not used it much but stayed at our daughter's home for several months in our rig.
Other that a small leak in the bedroom slide, we have been very happy with our rig. I did add a Progressive Industries EMS HW30C and reconfigured the connection to the rig. Prior to this rig we had a 2012 31' MVP but the Greyhawk was an upgrade. Very happy with it.
Nor Cal Samer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:14 PM   #48

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
We love our Jayflights ...... 7 times actually, and ever since our 2002 (original with Blue Jay flying the airplane logo), i have been saying they are by far the best bang for the buck on the market. The latest one to arrive home came with all the usual Jayflight flaws .... minor things that i can fix ( screw loose here or there, cheap backerboard under counter not stapled exactly right, these kinda things) i see 'em, utter to myself .... " ya, good ole Amish construction", probably smile and go on and fix it. These kinda things i'm always expecting, because i know, i did not buy an Airstream, i bought a Jayflight, and if it's like the rest, it'll bring lots of camping fun, and lots of great camping memories! We love those Jayflights!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC03280.jpg  
Old 11-07-2019, 07:03 AM   #49

Ya, add us to the list. Several fit and finish issue we noted a day or two after getting a 23b home which the dealer took care of right away and jayco stepped up with replacement parts post haste no other issues. Three seasons, around 6k miles, no complaints. An eagle TT is in high consideration.
kenc.main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:13 AM   #50

2009 Jayflight 29BHS, and also a 2016 Jayflight 34RSBS, zero issues.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:07 AM   #51

So pleased!!

Starting with a 1980 Jayco tent trailer to just this year a 2020 pinnacle fifth wheel. No complaints. Very minimal and minor issues Very pleased with Jayco. Wouldn't buy any thing else!!!
Shussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:21 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
Back in 2015, When I first started looking for a new RV, I joined this Forum.
I almost decided I didn't want a Jayco because all the threads I read were about problems. This broke, that broke, this was poorly designed, that was poorly manufactured.
Someone needs advise on fixing this, or fixing that.

But then I reminded myself that completely happy and satisfied customers rarely post.

So, we bought a Eagle LT anyway and we did have 2 minor problems. I burned out a slide out motor. Yes, I did it by getting confused about which button on the remote was extend and which was retract and holding it on retract long after it had finished closing.
The other was replacing a USB charging port (which are crap :-)).

But we have now had our Jayco 5th wheel for four years (seasons). We've put 10,000 miles on it. Weeks and weeks of camping. AND IT'S PERFECT.
Everything works.
Everything meets our needs - storage, space, appliances, equipment.
We love it.

SO I just wanted to post my "I'm a happy camper" post so that potential Jayco owners can know that happy, satisfied owners DO exist.

If you're a happy camper - add to this tread!

I too have a Jayco (my second one) and am very pleased. If I had to choose to buy another camper tomorrow, I'd go to Jayco first.
I know folks with the "top of the line" EXPENSIVE campers made by the other guy.....I am not impressed with their complaints....I've seen them and I think the Jayco stands up well against them...
Trophyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:16 PM   #53

When we decided to purchase a new toyhauler, we read all the wonderful posts as I am reading now. We are happy to read about all these satisfied Jayco costumers. We joke about our coach (2017 Seismic 4212) being built starting on a Monday and ending on a Friday. Nobody wants to go back to work on Monday and everybody is in a hurry to get off work on Friday. That is how we can justify 22 issues and 11 months in different shops without becoming totally dissatisfied. By the way, after all the issues were fixed we finally got what we expected, a good dependable toyhauler.
Carlos & Ranae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:12 PM   #54

Buddy Ray, that was a great point about a forum that satisfied and highly satisfied jayco owners do not post often. A forum would give you a negative idea of a product since it usually discussed problem. I own a 2016 northpoint 5th wheel and I love to work on it and made a few repairs myself. This is my second jayco and I am happy to own both. To me, it is a small cost to have rv problems when you consider all the enjoyment to travel, setting up your camping space, meeting fine people at the park and just enjoying God's wonderful handiwork. And I have learned so much valuable information from all the people who post their problems and solutions. This is a great forum and will continue to monitor it.

ARMYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:49 PM   #55

I loved my Jayco Swift. Unfortunately my husband after a crazy trip out east said no more to camping. So I sold the pop pop and got myself a sleeps 3 for me and my daughter. He saw that thing and said when do we go camping again? I ended up trading my beloved Jayco for a 21 foot Coachman Clipper since the Jayco didn't have what I wanted. So I now have a a bunk model and it works really well for 4 people. Can't wait to run away by myself and do some alone camping. So I do get it. I loved my Jayco no problems. No problems with the coachman either. Happy Trails.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:44 PM   #56

I owned 3 brands (Forest River, Keystone and now Jayco) in 13 months. They all have the exact same quality issues and lack of quality control. None were better or worse, just slightly different issues. Each came with issues; most are relatively easily taken care of.

None of the customer service reps were any better or worse than the others. None of the user manuals are worth the paper they are printed on. None of the RVs had things in places that make perfect sense for everyone (how could they . . .). The all have the same quality of 3rd party appliances and parts.

The only area I found a difference in is . . . . Jayco at least has diagrams available. The other manufacturers; good luck with that. I won't say the diagrams exactly match the spider web of wires, but at least they tried
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #57

No issues with our 2018 Jayco Northpoint

Wow, I thought my husband and I were the only ones who never had any issues with our Jayco 2018 Northpoint and having them fixed when we did. We bought ours a year ago and we are extremely happy with it. We love the layout (living room up front) and have had no major issues. In fact, just a week ago, right before we left WA State for Florida for the winter, we had a bent awning arm that was fixed under warranty in just over 2 hours on the day we were leaving. I have read hundreds of horror stories on this forum and I can honestly say, I have had nothing but positive experiences with our Jayco service dealer.
jlhill1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:38 AM   #58

We love our '18 Seismic 4116! Though we have only owned it for 5 months and 5 states and 5,000 miles and 100 days and nights. Mostly easy fixes of poor craftsmanship and cheap hardware.
It's good, no grate to read about other happy campers.
This might even require a special forum topic page.
Thanks to all those who contributed their stories about the good things Jayco could do!

Desertman
Destrtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:34 AM   #59

It's uplifting to read all of these positives! With the thousands of Jaycos on the road, of course there will be a few issues. Everything needs to be put in perspective. Thanks for starting this thread - it's been a real pleasure.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:31 AM   #60

Another happy camper. Four cross country trips ( to Alaska from Maine and to AZ from Maine) and eight to Florida from Maine.
2016 195 RB This year went to New Brunswick

Going to CA in a few months from ME.

No issues really. What there were were easily resolved by dealer.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote