Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2019, 01:19 PM   #21

Well Mine's a class a Precept, but also after two years and 10,000 miles it has been excellent! Sure everything as little issues here and there but most people can easily take care of them. NOTHING BUT SMILES HERE!!!
aa7gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:21 PM   #22

Being reminded that most customers are happy and that every complicated piece of equipment is going to have issues is good. We have a Class C Greyhawk 32FS. Ours is a 2014 and now has some 50000 miles. We've driven from CA to the east coast more than once. Took it from CA to the east coast, up to upstate NY, across to the UP of MI and Wisconsin, then to Washington state and back down to Southern California. The entire trip was largely trouble free with only a couple of minor problems that were easily fixed. We.ve been to Florida, Oregon, Indiana, Kentucky, St Louis, Colorado, and a bunch of other places. Encountered some awful roads (the worst being interstates) some challenging weather, extreme heat and humidity and cold snowy conditions. This rig has come thru all quite well. Some trips have been totally trouble free and others have had minor problems and a couple of times big problems that either got fixed on the road or could wait till we got home. Owning an RV has been more than worth the money for us. The keys to successful enjoyment of an RV are patience, a sense of humor, building a fudge factor in the schedule and an open mind to see and do fun things. I wouldn't trade it for any other type of travel.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #23

Well said!!
aa7gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:58 PM   #24

Earlier this year we purchased a previously loved 2010 Jayco Eagle 321RLTS 5vr.
This unit was well maintained.
Just needed to replace AC Blower Motor and Kitchen Faucet.
Added the MoRyde STEPs, RVlock keyless entry, Furrion Backup Camera and upgraded tires to Goodyear Endurance.
We are completely in love with this rig. Only had a chance to use it on about 8 trips this year, do to family illnesses and such.
Looking forward to many more outing s next season.
Ejohnson03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #25

I too researched the numerous forums and decided on Jayco. I have a 2019 Redhawk 29 XK. I decided to go with the basic model (Not nearly the problem posts as you see on other models) and do upgrades as we felt we needed to.
We are first time owners but after 9 months and 5,000 miles we are very happy! I did install carpet tiles and a recliner instead of the jack knife sofa and now I'm looking to replace the thermostat since we are in Fl.
unzinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:54 PM   #26

From pop-up to current 2011 Jayco Flight have had 4 Jaycos since 1984. Untold miles and smiles and fun. Issues, some, but as a whole minor. Some were my mistakes, some were rough roads. But each time we bought another model for changing family, it HAD to be a Jayco. Now grands are enjoying it with us!
jpurvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:21 PM   #27

Love my 198rd!!!
Old 11-06-2019, 03:22 PM   #28

I didn't research any forums at all. I bought it based on dealer proximity and the floor plan of the unit.

The dealer delivered it to our site and right off the bat on the very first night we couldn't watch the TV. IT DIDN'T WORK. Just horrible, horrible bad, horrible. I mean what can one do when you go camping? Gotta have reality TV shows.

Turned out to be a loose fuse. Fixed it myself in 3 minutes.

Obviously kidding. Just completed the 6th season without one single problem.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:28 PM   #29

I so love to see positive posts. We love our 2018 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS fifth wheel!
Old 11-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #30

Love our Jayco

We love our Featherlite 23RL. No issues after 2 years and 5,000 miles. Always remember you get what you pay for. There will always be small quality type issues with an affordable Travel Trailer. I take it with a grain of salt and enjoy doing simple repairs and modifications.
There’s a big difference between a 25,000 TT and a 40,000 TT.
Jaybird23RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #31

Happy Hummingbirders

Two years with our Hummingbird 17RB and only one small issue that was quickly fixed by our nearby dealer, FMB Campers. We bought Jayco because we liked the heavier bumpers, Good Year tires, and other construction features we deemed more substantial than the main competitor. After two seasons and a few design modifications we are still more than satisfied with Jayco's build quality.
LeeWilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
Back in 2015, When I first started looking for a new RV, I joined this Forum.
I almost decided I didn't want a Jayco because all the threads I read were about problems. This broke, that broke, this was poorly designed, that was poorly manufactured.
Someone needs advise on fixing this, or fixing that.

But then I reminded myself that completely happy and satisfied customers rarely post.

So, we bought a Eagle LT anyway and we did have 2 minor problems. I burned out a slide out motor. Yes, I did it by getting confused about which button on the remote was extend and which was retract and holding it on retract long after it had finished closing.
The other was replacing a USB charging port (which are crap :-)).

But we have now had our Jayco 5th wheel for four years (seasons). We've put 10,000 miles on it. Weeks and weeks of camping. AND IT'S PERFECT.
Everything works.
Everything meets our needs - storage, space, appliances, equipment.
We love it.

SO I just wanted to post my "I'm a happy camper" post so that potential Jayco owners can know that happy, satisfied owners DO exist.

If you're a happy camper - add to this tread!
Great post! We have a 2017 Jayflight 28RLS and have absolutely had zero issues. I agree with reading comments on forums. If I depended on them, I’d never buy another car, truck, or RV. HAHA. I also discovered everyone hates Ford and knows so many problems with them. Except for the MILLIONS who buy them every day and never experience a single issue. 😬
mgodsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:09 PM   #33

I joined this forum shortly after we purchased our brand new 2017 Melbourne 24K. It just celebrated 3 1/2 years and 44,000 miles. We've been all over the country in it. We put it to bed in the winter but spend 4 months, on and off, in it from March to the end of October. Our only complaint is having to wait until spring to get back on the road. Absolutely no motorhome envy here. We've seen hundreds (probaly thousands) of other units of every type between traveling, going to RV shows, and stopping by Camping World just to look on their lot. We love our Melbourne and plan to make at least 150,000 miles before we get too old to travel and sell it to one of our kids. We've owned a lot of different brands over the years - no complaint at all with Jayco.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell5263 View Post
I have a screw pushing up through the linoleum floor also. What did you do to fix this? I don't want to take it to the shop for that.

Used a very sharp box cutter and cut right along the fake seam long enough to lift up the floor to get the screw out. Put Loctite glue on the screw and screwed it back in. Used seam sealer to glue the small cut of linoleum to the floor. Can't even tell it was cut. It has been 3 years now and you can't see where I cut.
Attached Thumbnails
Floor copy.jpg  

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:32 PM   #35

We researched trailers for several years before getting our custom 2017 16XRB. It's had some problems but Jayco was very responsive and Terrytown did some nice work to get the rig fixed. And I have done a lot of customizing and modifying to make it better and just right for us. This past August a spring broke. Now we have substantially heavier springs and new hangers - you can really feel the ride difference! We have over 35,000 miles on the trailer and have been through every state east of Nevada and the West Coast. We really enjoy our little hybrid and believe it's no worse, and is probably better, than most of the competition. It's perfect for us and the tired old hound. I'd look around, but it would be pretty hard to find something better than what we have. So far we have not seen an RV anywhere that we think we would like better than our little trailer. Jayco isn't perfect, but we are very happy with ours!
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #36

First - thank you Buddy Ray, for initiating the good-vibes post! Obviously there are a lot of us happy campers out there based on the responses. We sometimes need that reminder. We too are very happy - 16,000+ miles on our Pinnacle, 250+ nights in 2 1/2 years across 17 states. Only major problem was with the Whirlpool frig (not Jayco's fault - and finally working well for the past year+ after the 3rd repair finally fixed it right). We've had several less major problems too -- but having a constructive relationship with your dealer's service department helps a lot. A couple of comments I didn't see in other posts: as I think most of us have learned, RV ownership experience is better when you try to stay calm and have a "we'll-get-through-this" attitude when things go wrong. And being proactive with the maintenance, and looking for issues proactively such as leaks, go a long way toward keeping problems smaller. My recent wheel / brake maintenance uncovered a brake adjuster that had come loose and was resting in the hub (lost braking on 1 of 4 wheels). I hadn't noticed a bit of difference in my braking ... yet. Sure glad that was found during maintenance! Finally, thinking in advance about the higher-frequency big problems that happen, and being prepared with the proper tools, and going through the mental drills of how you'll handle them if they occur, is worth the time investment. That's where browsing this forum regularly really helps. I've learned a a lot from other people's problems, the forum contributors' advice on fixing, and how to apply it to my advance preparedness. So I want to say thank you also to those who post problems and solutions!
Old 11-06-2019, 04:49 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
Used a very sharp box cutter and cut right along the fake seam long enough to lift up the floor to get the screw out. Put Loctite glue on the screw and screwed it back in. Used seam sealer to glue the small cut of linoleum to the floor. Can't even tell it was cut. It has been 3 years now and you can't see where I cut.
Great job RAurand! Exactly what the dealer did on our North Point when we had a piece of wood debris that was floored over.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #38

2018 Greyhawk 31fs ,,16,000 miles, 2 trips from Florida to Canada and many trips to Tn. Mountains. No complaints this is my 3rd Class ‘ C ‘coach have fun & Keep on RVing..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #39

Also, be aware of members who hate positive posts. They're out there to ridicule you!!!
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:22 PM   #40

Another satisfied Jayco customer

We just finished up our 3rd year with our 2017 Jay Flight SLX 264BHW and we are very satisfied with it. We had a minor issue with a loose wire to one of the burner igniters on the stove that I fixed myself. But otherwise its been flawless. We spend most of our time camping in the Wisconsin and Minnesota area. But this year we took our Jayco to Upper Michigan and then to the Badlands in South Dakota. This is our second Jayco from Willies RV in Bloomer WI. Our neighbors bought the first one and its still performing well. We are now planning to buy a bigger Jayco next year from Willies. Willies does a great job preparing a camper before it leaves their lot.
jmkdopkins is offline   Reply With Quote