Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2015, 05:56 PM   #1

AC Condensation Inside

Went camping this weekend it was about 85 degrees and after about 30 minutes of running my AC it started dropping condensation down inside onto the floor. wasnt sure what what was causing this maybe the camper was off level? I didn't have enough wood blocks to raise it up farther than the jacks would extend. Which direction and where does the AC unit normally drain from? Would you want the tongue higher so it drains to the rear? Mine was leaking from the front I'd the unit. I have a 2007 165 Sport. Thanks
silverta16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:03 PM   #2

More than likely your drain holes are plugged. If you get a paper clip, you can get onto the roof and midway along either side under the edge, you might see the hole, It's about 1/4" in diameter. Take the paper clip and see if the hole is plugged. Also, there may be debris right under the hole just blocking it.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #3

Possibly the A/C hold-down bolts need tightening. Removing the inside cover will expose the bolts in each corner. It's my understanding they should be snug but not overly tight.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #4

Sometimes have the same problem, so go on roof and on either side of the Air Conditioner there is a drain hole, bend a paper clip and clean out the holes and you should be good to go.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:51 PM   #5

I'll climb up there tonight and see if I can see the holes you guys are talking about. Hopefully it's something simple like that. Wished there was a pic. Is it basically just a tray that catches the AC and channels it to each side? So in theory it should condense and run from each or just one side of the AC unit depending on the way the camper is pitched? I can't ever remember seeing water run off when running the ac but I've never ran it long.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:46 PM   #6

you are going to have to look down the Air Conditioner toward the bottom and you will see a grommet and in the middle of the grommet there is a hole that gets plugged up. clean that out on both sides and you see the water run out and over to the sides of the trailer and either to the front or rear.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:22 PM   #7

I'm not seeing any grommets here is what I have.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #8

Condensation is coming out the small vents to each side of the yellow sticker at the front.Been running about 30 minutes in the driveway now and it's 92 outside no water anywhere. The air has a musty sour smell to it.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:41 PM   #9

Guys I got it fixed. I had to take it all apart metal shrouds and all to find the holes but they were stopped up. There is a plastic tray under the coil that catches the condensation and of the holes clog up the tray fills up and over flows into the return air vents and then falls down inside. This early style is a bad design the holes go straight down against the roof. There is a gasket that wears over time which allows the hole to fit snuggly against the roof not allowing it to drain. I shimmed it up with some washers and now it's draining well. Could have made a sandwich with the crap I cleaned out of it. The holes are about 5 inches from the front of the unit on each side and you could clean yours out really well with a flat paint type scraper just pushing it in and out. Paper clip doesn't really work for this style as the holes are flat against the roof so I'd recommend a thin screw driver or scraper. I marked my AC cover with a sharpie so from now on I'll know where to clean it. Thanks all for your help. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys letting me know what to do.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:10 PM   #10

Good Job
Old 07-30-2015, 09:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverta16 View Post
snip...Could have made a sandwich with the crap I cleaned out of it... snip
Sounds tasty. Glad you fixed it. I need to check mine. Been using my AC a lot more that usual lately.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote