Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #1

Accessing underside of my RV

I own a 2013 365BDH and need to remove the sealed underflooring that is part of the polar barrier. Has anyone done this before and is it difficult.
Trynforpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #2

I have a 2005 so not sure if its completely different or not, but mine is secured with self tapping screws and washers. Getting it off was easy, using a cordless impact driver. Getting it back on took an extra set of hands to help hold up the material and keep it lined up square. Overall it wasn't real difficult!
2005 Jay Flight 29bhs
2016 GMC Sierra 2500hd Duramax Crewcab
bklabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #3

Thanks
Old 06-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #4

It is relatively easy taking the bottom off but I will tell you it's a lot more work putting it back on. I cut my bottom in three sections taking it off. The bottom is screwed on with Tec screws. There are flanges along the frame rail that the bottom is screwed to. The center of the undercover is attached to cross members about every four feet. You have to unscrew and lower the propane manifold that the propane lines are attached to that run underneath the coroplast. You also have to lower the stab jacks to pull the undercover out. Buy a few large rolls of Gorrilla tape to tape up the seams. When replacing the cover and taking it off I used recycle boxes that were just lower than the trailer to support and hold the material. I don't think I could have done it without them. Especially when preplacing it. Make sure to get the screws back into the same holes. Wear mechanic gloves because your hands will take a beating. I didn't have the artic package so someone else can help there. Hope this helps. I changed the venting when I had mine open. I also ran more electrical runs and installed tank washers. Good luck. When you get the cover back on run the tape along both sides so the mice can't get in.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:01 AM   #5
Site Team

My screws came off better using a square #2 Robertson bit. It is as they say. Easy off, not so easy on. If you take it off, mine has access panels that can be removed to get to slide motors and such. Take one off and look around. Very interesting to know where stuff is, in case you have to get to it another day!

The Polar package looked like a layer of foil insulation laying in the underbelly above the black covering.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #6

thanks to all for the helpful directions