Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #41

truck power

Hi,
With regard to truck power! I have a Jay Feather 24rl and I tow it with my GMC 1500 with a 5.3 engine size and it's 2 wheel drive! I also tow my Ranger Bass Boat 22 feet long duel 26 gallon fuel tanks and gear without a single issue! In fact I think it's heavier than my trailer!
The one thing the many folks forget to take into account when buying a truck is to get the right gear ratio / towing package! Engine size is important but I have never had any issues with my 5.3 engine and is better on gas mileage!

Good Luck!
Rick
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:31 PM   #42

Agree, the tow package besides the built in brake controller includes a trans cooler, oil cooler, 8 speed with tow/haul mode and a 3.55 diff. I run Mobil I for oil. It's a quad cab with 6'4" box, great truck.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #43

We just got a new 26RK and really like it and everything has worked well since we got in March. Our F150 w 5-L handles it well Supercab 8 ft bed). This is our retirement TT and really like the higher chassis for dumping and access plus got elec stabilizers and jack. Best of luck!
Cardfanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:28 PM   #44
crl

My wife and I upgraded from a Heritage Glen Hyperlight 26RL to a 2019 White Hawk 28RL. Ww love the trailer and do not regret the upgrade. Quality has been good and we have not had the first issue. It toes really well and the layout really fits our needs.

We tow it with a 2018 Tundra with the 5.7 and tow package. We pull from Texas to all parts of CO and have had no issues. I know there are many opinions out there around tow vehicles, but all I can say is our set up works really well.

As a few others have mentioned, you worked all your life to be able to spend time enjoying life. In my opinion, it’s ok to get something you would just “like” to have.
crl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #45

When my wife & I retired wanted to travel like you with a travel trailer. We both agreed she would select the trailer and I would shop for the truck. After purchasing the 2017 Whitehawk 37DSLR, I shopped around for the truck. Being aware of what I saw on the interstates, (underpowered trucks towing oversized trailers) I selected Silverado 2500 HD 6.0, tows the trailer if it’s not there, stable, comfortable and handles great in all types of weather. Wife is comfortable and feels safe without having white knuckle rides. We travel long distances and now going further wanting the stability and reliability while towing.
We enjoy this size trailer as we can reserve in most parks without being oversized, it’s perfect for the two of us with a good floor plan, plus grand kids when they travel with us. Hope this helps, feel free to reach out!
Jaycee2017 is offline   Reply With Quote