Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2017, 10:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I like to look at them. Especially if they are shiny.
Me too but there's no way I'm giving up the extra room our 2 slideouts provide. Plus you could buy a Pinnacle and a half for what they want for their high end unit.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyotea View Post
I second that! The “Airstream” brand has been synonymous with quality and longevity but that is no longer the state of the company or the product after Thor took over.

We purchased a 2017 in April of this year and it stayed in the shop for 3 months getting the flooring repaired. We noticed a soft spot in September and when probed with the moisture meter it read 50% moisture! When the certified Airstream mechanic went looking for the leak they discovered that the galley sink did not drain into the grey tank. HOW DID OUR UNIT LEAVE THE FACTORY LIKE THAT?! Also, the counter tops were just floating on the cabinets and were never attached. Along with other minor issues and lackluster response from the warranty department we are selling our unit and looking for an older Eagle Premier.
I considered switching out to a used Airstream this summer to get a smaller trailer. I decided that a 30' Airstream would still put me at about the same overall length of truck/trailer combo so decided against it. I couldn't find anything at a reasonable price and the vintage units were huge resto projects. Will stick with the Eagle for now, maybe go to a MH next so I can tow a Jeep for exploring.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:05 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
I have never seen anything bigger than a double bed in any of them. That's simply too small. We're used to a California king at home, and a queen in our hybrid.
Our friends had the double in the first one and then went with twins in the Classic as it gave more room. But, I am like you - we need at least a queen. I don't want to be sleeping in a twin -- especially on a camping trip! The space in the AS just isn't there.

I love this blog http://just5moreminutes.com/blog/peek-inside/ It is an AS owners blog. When I was looking at ideas for the camper, I stumbled across it. However, if I loaded the camper up with half this stuff and fluffy fur pillows, my husband would kill me. LOL

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote