Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-23-2022, 12:11 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
jlawley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Media
Posts: 124
Just curious, where did you camp in Old Orchard Beach and did you enjoy it?
__________________
Jeff & Theresa, Media, PA
2015 White Hawk 27DSRL
2017 Ram Big Horn 1500 Crew Cab Ecodiesel
jlawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 01:50 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
FrankieSaysRelax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Northwest NJ
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawley View Post
Just curious, where did you camp in Old Orchard Beach and did you enjoy it?
SUNN OUTDOORS SACO/Old Orchard Beach
Privately Owned/No longer KOA property

I give it five stars! Terrific staff, clean, clean bathrooms and showers, a clean laundry room, a cafe on premises that does lunch and dinner(and will even deliver after you place and pay for your order! Lots of shade, lots of trees, pool, full sized basketball court, full sized sand volleyball court, dog park.

All very clean, well maintained. Very, very MOOSE themed!!! How fun.
__________________
2022 JayFlight SLX7 184BS Kokopelli Edition
2022 Hyundai Palisade Limited AWD w/BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
FrankieSaysRelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 02:21 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieSaysRelax View Post
SUNN OUTDOORS SACO/Old Orchard Beach
Privately Owned/No longer KOA property

I give it five stars! Terrific staff, clean, clean bathrooms and showers, a clean laundry room, a cafe on premises that does lunch and dinner(and will even deliver after you place and pay for your order! Lots of shade, lots of trees, pool, full sized basketball court, full sized sand volleyball court, dog park.

All very clean, well maintained. Very, very MOOSE themed!!! How fun.
and did you see one?
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 03:47 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
FrankieSaysRelax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Northwest NJ
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
and did you see one?
Stars or moose???? Bahahaha😹😂😹😂

Lots and lots of stars, but as much as I wanted to see Bullwinkle J. Moose he must have had a previous engagement. 😎
__________________
2022 JayFlight SLX7 184BS Kokopelli Edition
2022 Hyundai Palisade Limited AWD w/BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
FrankieSaysRelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 05:35 AM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Katy
Posts: 9
Thanks For The Inspiration!

We are headed to Acadia in 2 weeks! Neither my husband nor I have ever been there and your pictures and stories have just added to our excitement level. I have been planning out our hiking itinerary and realize that I need way more than the 8 days we have to hike all the trails, even when combining two or three together. Great suggestion about avoiding the days when cruise ships are in town. We are taking a zero day one day and doing a boat ride from Bar Harbor and I purposely chose a day when no ships are in port. Wow, there are some huge ones that drop in there. Thanks again for the pictures and stories!

Leslie
Katy, Texas
lesrunmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 07:45 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
FrankieSaysRelax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Northwest NJ
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesrunmore View Post
We are headed to Acadia in 2 weeks! Neither my husband nor I have ever been there and your pictures and stories have just added to our excitement level. I have been planning out our hiking itinerary and realize that I need way more than the 8 days we have to hike all the trails, even when combining two or three together. Great suggestion about avoiding the days when cruise ships are in town. We are taking a zero day one day and doing a boat ride from Bar Harbor and I purposely chose a day when no ships are in port. Wow, there are some huge ones that drop in there. Thanks again for the pictures and stories!

Leslie
Katy, Texas
You and family are going to have the time of your lives! Maine is just so beautiful, you wonít believe it! I know the thing about the cruise ships, but keep in mind, Bar Harbor proper and Acadia National Park are two different things. Just as Sand Beach and Cadillac Mountain within the park are different locations. If these folks are coming in on a ship they have to use the trolly service to get around the park. Donít worry about it. They wonít bother your itinerary. And BTW-I spent a lot of time in and around Katy, Texas doing consulting work with CiCiís Pizza and What-A-Burger years ago. A very nice place to live!
frank d.
__________________
2022 JayFlight SLX7 184BS Kokopelli Edition
2022 Hyundai Palisade Limited AWD w/BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
FrankieSaysRelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 08:15 AM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Andover
Posts: 24
Where in North West New Jersey are you? I'm in Sussex County, Byram.
Jimmy O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 08:23 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
FrankieSaysRelax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Northwest NJ
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy O. View Post
Where in North West New Jersey are you? I'm in Sussex County, Byram.
We are right at the foot of the Sourland Mountain, Raritan.
__________________
2022 JayFlight SLX7 184BS Kokopelli Edition
2022 Hyundai Palisade Limited AWD w/BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
FrankieSaysRelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 09:18 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Bellingham
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieSaysRelax View Post
We leave tomorrow, have a quick overnight at Ocean City, Maine and then arrive at Mt. Desert Island the next day, just down the road from Acadia National Park.

Mmmmmm, lobster rolls, lobster Mac&Cheese, steaks and lobster tails!!
Itís been twenty years since weíve had the opportunity to be up that way.
The beautiful red, red, red granite, sunrise at Cadillac Mountain and oh, did I mention lobster rolls?😹😂😹

Attachment 82631

Attachment 82632

Attachment 82633
What is a Kokopelli Edition? Haven't seen that anywhere.
__________________
Ď22 Jay Feather Micro 171BH
Ď22 GMC Sierra 1500 2.7L Turbo
JayLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 10:32 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
FrankieSaysRelax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Northwest NJ
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLo View Post
What is a Kokopelli Edition? Haven't seen that anywhere.
Take a look at my registry, JayLo! Itís a pretty little 184BS that gets compliments every where it goes.
frank d.

This is the most recent shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A76E10E5-4AA5-4CCD-B2C5-5829252F1B3A.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	83007
__________________
2022 JayFlight SLX7 184BS Kokopelli Edition
2022 Hyundai Palisade Limited AWD w/BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
FrankieSaysRelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.