Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2021, 11:02 AM   #1

Already 8 years

I can't believe my JayFlight 28BHBE has been with us for 8 years already (we bought it new August 2013, but only took delivery in April 2014)! She turned 9 yo last June and although the exterior design shows its age, you wouldn't tell otherwise that it's this old.

Thanks to Jayco's (before they got bought off) quality and workmanship... this TT had brought us no trouble at all...

We've hauled it around on long trips every Summer since Day 1. I quickly calculated that it's seen at least 20,000 miles of road. Issues with it... none, I mean seriously, nothing broke on this thing (aside from the LED strip under the awning, but we were finding it way too bright to start with!!!)

I've changed the tires this Spring (was still on the original ones and they had thread left, but felt that 9yrs was enough for these tires), had the brakes and hubs checked and maintenanced twice... And gave the black on the frame, stairs, stabs and bumper a coat of matte black spray paint this Spring to refresh the look.... but other than that.... still look as good as Day 1!

The kids have grown and we foresee the day soon where we will decide to part with this one and look for something else... but I wonder if I'll find a TT as reliable and well built as this one.

Fun fact, with the current RV market in Canada, I could sell this 9yr old TT for close to $10K more than I paid for it at the end of Summer 2013!!! Cra-Zy (and makes me scared of buying a new one, with the price they are going for!!!)
1200/12,000 Equal-I-Zer Hitch
Salsa03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 11:37 AM   #2

Time sure goes fast. I just noticed that mine is almost 5 years old.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #3

IMHO, I would keep it as long as you can, or at least until things settle down.

I plan on keeping mine for as long as I can. I am not impressed with the new TT's being built today.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote