Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 AM   #11

I have the Bauer NE keypad lock on my 2013 Eagle Premier 321 RLTS. In the last week, I was locked inside the camper and unable to unlock it with the lock/unlock lever. After wiggling it back-and-forth several times, I was able to unlock the door. The lock worked fine for 3or 4 times. Then, I was outside and trying to get in, and could not unlock the door with the key or the keypad. Once again, after much wiggling, tapping, and eventually banging pretty hard, I was able to unlock the door using the key. The keypad would not unlock it or lock it after I was able to get the door open. Contacted Bauer, and they are sending me a new lock system. It is a little scary realizing that you are locked in and cannot get out! Hopefully the new luck will work better than the old one.

2016 Eagle 323 LKTS
2009 GMC 1-ton Dually Diesel
djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #12
Lost in the Woods

We have the newer system. I don't like it because anyone who knows how can reprogram the code from the outside. I pulled the batteries and just use the key. When I have my teenage son along I put the batteries back in and put in a code for everyone to use just for that trip then the batteries come back out and we just use the key which I have on my car key ring anyway.

wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #13

Another reason I don't use the keyless entry is anyone can reprogram the code from the outside by just getting the manual off the internet. I guess it would just be easier to break in and much quicker if someone wanted to get in with bad intentions. Fortunately in the camping world there are not hardly any folks I know of with bad intentions. It is the non campers we really have to worry about. I still had rather just use the keys as it is much simpler than reinstalling batteries and re-programming. But of course the really bad guys have the keys to get in also! Oh well......

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #14
Lost in the Woods

If someone wants to break into anything bad enough they will, but I don't want to just hand them the keys. The keyless entry in my opinion is doing just that. They should have made the system so that a switch on the inside or the key or a special unique code would have to be inserted before programming is allowed. The way it is anyone can do it in about three second from the outside by simply knowing which keys to press. I mean come on! That is stupid and totally unsafe. I sleep next to a loaded handgun, but I sure don't feel safe sleeping knowing that anyone could open my door in the middle of the night just as if I left it unlocked.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:05 PM   #15

I had the same problem this weekend. I have brought the RV in to the dealer twice and once they said they replaced everything. I put tape over the connectors to stop the mechanism. It was really weird because it started at 3:30 am while we were sleeping. Did you ever get your unit repaired and what was the root cause?

THANKS
wmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:38 PM   #16

FYI, the batteries of the Bauer NE have to be removed for 10 seconds before the lock can be reprogrammed. That would require entry into the rig and removal of the batteries in order to reset the code.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:22 AM   #17

Glad I read this post. I have keyless on my 2013 328RLTS. Have been deciding wether or not to use it. Doesn't sound too reliable. I think I'll stick with the good 'ol "key" type entry.

TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote