Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #1

Any Fix To A Wobbly Table?

The table in my parents 26RLS seems too wobbly. It's a u shaped booth with the pull out seats at either end of the booth. There are two removable legs similar to these.

Someone mentioned that the screws holding the cups to the floor and table might be loose. Sure enough, I was excited when I found them a little loose and expected better results when I set the table up again but no luck. All the screws are in good but the table is still a bit wobbly if someone leans a bit on an edge.

It could be something as simple as someone lightly cutting a piece of steak and the table will lean a bit to that side. It's not like I'm complaining about someone pushing on the table to get up from the booth. It's just normal, light use that does this.

Like I said, I made sure all the screws are in good and have pushed down hard directly over the legs to get them to seat better. Still not much luck.

Is this just a byproduct of having a table like this? Is there anything we can do to make it sturdier?

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:05 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Bigmike1461
You can add another leg,I have seen other trailer with 3 legs....The 3rd leg was in the middle placed near the outside.......you can most likely get the parts from W.E.S.
2016 F350 lariat 4x4 6.2 gas 3:73
2018 Jayco 28.5RSTS HT
[SIGPIC]

Long Island,NY.
Bigmike1461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #3

You could remove the cups from the floor, turned them so the reinstalled screws would be between the old holes and reattached . When I did mine I also moved the cups 2" in towards the window to allow more room on the isle ,I have a 19H , your floor plan must be different. Larry
Old 07-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #4

I have always hated these post-type table legs. I was looking at getting one of these, lifts the table up and down....I just need to take some measurements...

http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/prod...roduct_id=2546
Old 07-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #5

I have the same type of table and legs and found that the cups in the floor are actually broken. The cup seperated from the lip where the screw mount to the floor.
I have not replaced those pieces yet, but I will do that this weekend and let you know if that makes any difference.
Prior to this problem, I did notice that the table did wobble rather easy and I was not real fond of it, but figured it was just the design.
I may even talk to the wife and consider purchasing the new folding piece that was mentioned by wallacemf in this link:

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #6

We have the same problem. It's the design.

We are considering looking for two single table tops. That allows access to the center of the u-shaped couch and if only one table is bumped, only things on that table risk spilling. I'm hoping it will be more stable, but could very well be wrong. Another thought we had was some type of spring loaded rod of the correct length and pressure to add around the center of the table to give it additional support.

Good luck. Would be interested in hearing if you find a solution.

Ken
Now with Firestone AirBags
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #7

SO I was wondering about purchasing two more table leg sets. I could mount them in the middle of the long sides of the table. That should really make the table secure I assume.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallacemf View Post
I have always hated these post-type table legs. I was looking at getting one of these, lifts the table up and down....I just need to take some measurements...

This is the type they put on our X20E's table from the factory. Ugh! I cannot say anything good about these. We take our table out side. These are cumbersome and I could barley get the table through the door with them on. They are a pinch hazard too. When collapsed for the bed conversion the legs don't even touch the floor. We ended up replacing them with a set of these instead. They didn't fit as nicely as I would have liked but they are far easier to use than that goofy scissors contraption. Go to your dealer and look at a late model Jayco and play with these for yourself before you shell out the cash. I dunno, you might like them.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #9

We have a single leg, round table. I've learned real quick not to fill the coffee mug too full
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote