Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #1

ASAElectronics (Jensen) WiSight Technology

http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/produc...tems-kits.html

Does anyone have experience with Jensen's wisight technology for rear view cameras, or any other brand that uses digital stream instead of an analog signal? No interference, no batteries, no wires (except to tie the camera into a 12 volt feed), and 60 feet of coverage.

Right now it's too expensive for me, but I'm sure the price will come down after its been around awhile. When it does, I'll seriously consider getting one if they work as advertised.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #2

I have this camera system on my trailer and love it!!! The only complaint I have is there is a slight delay waiting for signal to reach monitor
chris.nelson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.nelson12 View Post
I have this camera system on my trailer and love it!!! The only complaint I have is there is a slight delay waiting for signal to reach monitor
Thanks, I was hoping for positive feedback. Is your camera wired for full time or backup? What is the distance between your camera and monitor?

Do you get any interference?

I intend to use mine for full time operation so I will probably tie into the marker lights circuit because it's the easiest reach. I would rather have a constant 12V feed with a switch I can operate from the drivers seat.

Does the delay occur at only startup or is it continual? How long is the delay? (I'm guessing it doesn't bother you too much because of your positive response.)
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #4

I have a 2011 32RLDS Eagle TT it measures 35'7" and a F350 long box crew cab and the reception is great. I don't get any interference, I leave mine on when driving and it's wired into my rear center clearance light. The delay takes a little getting use to and it's all the time ( if you pass a line in road it is 1 second later in monitor) if you have any other questions just let me know. I have installed several of these in the last year in my store and never had a complaint!!

Chris
chris.nelson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #5

Chris
I just bought one of these. I have 2010 Jayco G2 Jay Flight. I understand and have seen pictures of these mounted with power being tapped from the rear center clearance light as you mentioned but my question is how the camera actually mounts to the Trailer itself. I hate to drill holes if I know nothing of what behind them. Any help would be appreciated with this.
Thanks
Jack
catfishjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishjack View Post
Chris
I just bought one of these. I have 2010 Jayco G2 Jay Flight. I understand and have seen pictures of these mounted with power being tapped from the rear center clearance light as you mentioned but my question is how the camera actually mounts to the Trailer itself. I hate to drill holes if I know nothing of what behind them. Any help would be appreciated with this.
Thanks
Jack
I bought one of these WiSight wireless cameras and monitor screen. I have a 2013 Jayco 23M (my first rv!!) and I have determined that the camera can be mounted above the center upper window (window to top bunk) and below the center rear center clearance light.

Does anyone know how the wires are run between the 3 center lights and upper corner lights? Are the wires run horizontal between the lights? I want to ensure that there are no wires where I intend to mount the camera and the hole to the interior (to provide constant 12v without having to turn on lights - ex center clearance lamp). The one rear upper corner light wire appears to be routed into an access area and into the roof. The other lights are behind trim, etc. and I can't determine the routing of the wires.

Ideas? Thanks!
StringFellow is offline   Reply With Quote