Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2016, 04:39 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Your last sentence just made you a lot of friends (end sarcasm). Just because you had a bad experience with an inconsiderate slob with a trashy RV doesn't mean all RVs should be banned from parking on the streets or in driveways. That's throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
No where did I state they should be banned, your extrapolating. There's a difference between stored and reasonable usage, such as leaving or arriving from a trip.

Y'all wanna live in a ratted out RV under a lean-to with your truck parked in your yard.... go for it. I don't want it near me. It attracts rodents, inbreds, adult kids with mullets and loud music.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
No where did I state they should be banned, your extrapolating. There's a difference between stored and reasonable usage, such as leaving or arriving from a trip.

Y'all wanna live in a ratted out RV under a lean-to with your truck parked in your yard.... go for it. I don't want it near me. It attracts rodents, inbreds, adult kids with mullets and loud music.
Wow stereotyping. I dont want to live near you. The people down the block live in that sort of arrangement. They have lost two sons in military combat.

Be proud of yourself.

Both well used. Now up to 170 nights camping and 40,000 miles on the TT since purchase.
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post

You completely missed the point. You said you don't want any RVs stored on driveways or on the street after you got through complaining about the slob with the trashy RV. You were justified in complaining and I commend you for dealing with the situation but, just because he was a slob with a trashy RV doesn't mean all RVers are slobs and all RVs are trashy nor should it be assumed that they will be.

What's wrong with adult kids with mullets? It's not their hair that matters (they could be wearing purple mohawks for all I care as long as they behave). What matters is if they behave, maintain their property

I don't want a ratted out RV parked in my yard or in my neighborhood. I do not tolerate neighbors making unnecessary noise, such as loud music, and have involved the police in the past. I do not appreciate your unfounded opinion of me (it came across as an insult) just because I'm not as narrow minded as you are. I'm glad I don't have you for a neighbor.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:21 PM   #34

I had a neighbor pull my black tank, valve on a no sewer site. I had a surprise when I went to dump station. I hope someday I run into him, with the front of my truck!
FoxRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #35
Site Team

This thread is becoming very unfriendly. It's very close to being locked. Let's stay on track and stop fighting with each other please.

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #36

I do live in a subdivision where we are not allowed to park campers boats or trailers in our driveway and they don't really say anything if we have something there overnight so we can prepare for a trip but most homeowners associations tend to err on the side of caution to keep circumstances like rustys from occurring ... if I had acreage I would probably keep it there but I don't so I pay for outside storage near the lake where I camp and I am fine with it.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:07 PM   #37

We have a 3 day rule, any type of RV or boat/trailer can only be on the driveway for a max of 3 days, or you are ticketed. You can have your toys stored behind a 6 foot privacy fence, as we do. It gives you tune to unpack or clean out the boat, before storing it.

Don
2 - AirSight Wireless IP Cameras (used as rear view cameras)
EnGenius WI-FI extender, D-Link wireless (n) modem
MagicJack Internet Phone
2012 Ford F150XLT, EcoBoost w/3.73
157" Wheel base, HD Towing Package

Our Solar Album https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:45 PM   #38

Keep it civil please

Thanks everyone for sharing their experiences. It's pretty cool to look at this from so many different perspectives I couldn't have thought of myself.

Believe me I know this subject can get the blood boiling. But please be considerate of others. I think sometimes we try to be funny and light hearted about things others are dead serious about.

I know from spending time on this forum that we all are pretty good people with at least one thing in common... Camping and making good memories!
Reese SC Weight Distrubition with sway control (12,000lb)
Jhowemca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:03 AM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhowemca View Post
Thanks everyone for sharing their experiences. It's pretty cool to look at this from so many different perspectives I couldn't have thought of myself.

Believe me I know this subject can get the blood boiling. But please be considerate of others. I think sometimes we try to be funny and light hearted about things others are dead serious about.

I know from spending time on this forum that we all are pretty good people with at least one thing in common... Camping and making good memories!
Agree, that attitude will keep the discussion going. Keeping it civil and posting insults or things to generate hurt feelings will not allow the discussion to run it's course.

There are so many different circumstances that no rules about storing/parking rvs can be universal.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:29 AM   #40

Interesting thread…
I would just like to add that anyone who stores a trailer at home should take the time to go to the city's website and look up the relevant municipal codes (or HOA rules, or whatever governing body applies). In addition to the Jayco we also have a ski boat and a utility trailer. The utility trailer has a spot to sit where nobody (not even me unless I go back there) can see it. There is a second out of sight spot but it only fits one trailer which means that throughout the year either the boat or the Jayco is in the driveway. I've never worried about it since my driveway goes past the side of the house into the backyard and I know I'm following the rules. I even printed out copy and hang on to it just in case. Take the time to learn the rules so when a nosy neighbor mentions something you don't get caught off guard.

2015 X23B
2013 Ram 1500 / Big Horn / 5.7L Hemi
howlin4you is offline   Reply With Quote