Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2021, 05:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil AZ View Post
I recently completed my first trip with the camera installed, so providing feedback as requested.

Yakry, $99 from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The image from the camera was very helpful, clear enough to see the vehicles behind and coming past you.
I found the signal would drop periodically so obviously the signal strength is insufficient, I managed to get it more stable by adjusting the angle of the antenna on the receiver.
I also noted that the image was not real-time, was lagging by as much as 4 seconds. Pretty sure this is caused by the signal reception strength.
I purchased a magnetic mount external antenna with a 10 cord on it. I am going to mount it as far a is reasonable from the camera towards the TV.
I will use a glue to attach it to the roof, not sure which one yet, need to research..

Overall I am happy with the unit, considering how much I paid. The additional antenna was only $15.
Phil, thanks for the feedback. I installed my Yakry a couple of months ago and am not experiencing any signal drop or lag that I know of. I have the camera mounted high up on the rear of my trailer and it's 46ft to the monitor in my F-250. This is the best $99 I've spent in a while. Best of luck with yours.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:18 PM   #22

I have a Ram 3500 and we call them Ram Antlers…. Lol 😆
Jonathan Tripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:31 AM   #23

My 2005 Jayco Greyhawk was not pre-wired for a camera, but I non the less installed one. I bought a good kit off of Ebay. It has the camera built into the rear view mirror. The camera itself installs at the liciense plate. I had to run the cable from the camera to the rear view mirror, but that was not hard seeing as how there is a ton of frame space to tie it all in neatly! As to powering the camera, I tied it to the reverse lamps, so the camera only works when in reverse, but if you want a camera all the time, you could just find a power lead in the back and hook it up there. As to the mirror camera, it also is powered off of the reverse lights.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:06 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
Check the Haloview brand too. They also sell and adapter for those proprietary Furrion mounts.
X2 on the Haloview, more features than the Furrion for less cost and fits perfectly with RV's pre-fitted for the Furrion system. Do the research before you buy and you'll see the Haloview is superior.

I installed a Haloview on my 27RB and it works perfectly and reliability. I opted for both the rear and side views. When driving it restores your blocked-out rear view mirror and gives you excellent side views. When backing up the trailer it shows you what's behind and on the side of you.

I don't know how anyone gets along without this.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:36 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
I'm going to install a wireless rear view on my camper as well. I plan on removing the rear center marker light and mount the camera in it's place and tap power there. Monitor will be in the cab, 50ft away.
How did this workout? Thinking about doing the same!
Md7714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:37 AM   #26

How did this work out? Thinking about doing the same on my 2017
Old 06-04-2022, 11:38 AM   #27

2017 Jaco Jayflight

Just bought this camper and it says on a sticker inside that it is prewired for a back up camera, but has no bracket on back?
Old 06-04-2022, 04:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md7714 View Post
Just bought this camper and it says on a sticker inside that it is prewired for a back up camera, but has no bracket on back?
As far as I know, which isn't much, the backup camera and in my case side cameras are powered by have the running lights on from your tow vehicle. On mine, after that it's a bluetooth wireless connection to your truck and monitor. Mine are Furrion.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote