Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2019, 04:28 PM   #61

It wouldn't hurt when you have a dealer giving you the "run around" on warranty repairs getting done to contact your States Attorney Generals office, States Consumer Affair Agency, Better Business Bureau which can be done online.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:45 PM   #62

Maybe the JOF could make a link to this website:

https://www.dealerrater.com/reviews/...onal-Vehicles/

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:55 PM   #63
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandjim View Post
Hey, good luck in talking to Jayco. Every since Thor bought them they could care less about the customer and customer service. To many people just accept bad service and poor quality as part of owning an RV. I don't so sold mine and will more than likely never have to deal with those jerks in the industry again. I have had four RV's, two of which were Jayco. The first one was perfect...the last three the service and quality were awful. The last one, a Jayco Precept 2017 was in the shop more than at home. Wouldnt buy a tricycle made by Thor.
Sorry you had a bad experience with Jayco CS. I gotta say my experience has been all good. Exceptual actually. I had a few issues come up on my new 2018 Eagle CKTS. Had my first Jayco Jayflight TT for four years with absolutely no issues. Was kinda dreading calling them based on other peoples experience here and on other forums. They have been totally responsive to my issues. CS takes the call and Service has always responded promptly. Had a Mobile tech here today to fix a couple minor issues that Jayco approved and is paying for. Taken care of within a few days. My dealer is 300 miles away. They have also approved replacing my front AC to a low profile AC as my rig sits to high with the mach 15 AC from factory. Simple process and they contacted dealer for pre auth. So far they have been great to deal with, though it would be nice not to have any issues at all. My minor issues were for components that all manufactures use not just Jayco.
DRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:32 AM   #64

Jayco - No reply

Previous Post: I bought my new 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 287BHS camper in March this year. Took it to the campground in April. During my 2nd overnight trip the water heater quit last weekend. Now I am in the middle of a circle jerk that includes this demand for $150 service call not covered by warranty, non refundable. I am not paying this. The RV center with the Mobile Tech is 4 miles from my campground. I need to call the Warranty Dept back. I will keep the thread posted.

There is a boatload of testimonials about the Jayco water heaters going bad after just a couple of outings. Man, I hate being in that club!

Added: Okay, Now I wait on a call from the Supervisor at Jayco tomorrow about this warranty claim. I told the young lass on the phone at Jayco who is reading to me the canned answer from a script that I am not signing up to pay a service fee of $150. Jayco is just going to have to make this right. I have camped less than 24 hours in this camper and already the water heater is broken.
Addition. I have been promised on 5/14 and 5/20 to be called back by two different supervisors at the warranty center. I filled out an on-line form to Jayco headquarters. Nothing. Next is the better business bureau and consumer affairs.
DDUBYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:44 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
It's either Thor, or Forest River. Pick your poison.
Well there is Winnebago too.

I believe Newmar and Tiffin are also independent. There may be others.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:42 AM   #66

Actually, Winnebago is owned by Thor as is Airstream. There are few truly independent manufacturers. Most of them are in niche areas of the RV world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Well there is Winnebago too.

I believe Newmar and Tiffin are also independent. There may be others.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:05 AM   #67

Quote:
Actually, Winnebago is owned by Thor as is Airstream. There are few truly independent manufacturers. Most of them are in niche areas of the RV world.
Wow, I didn’t know that. Airstream too huh?

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:11 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDUBYA View Post
[LEFT]

There is a boatload of testimonials about the Jayco water heaters going bad after just a couple of outings. Man, I hate being in that club!
Jayco does not make water heaters. Jayco, and every other trailer/RV manufacterer only builds the unit. All components, frame, fridge, microwave, A/C, heat, etc. are made by 3rd parties. These 3rd party components carry thier own warranties.

Most likely your water heater is made by Atwood (it will be stamped on the outside access panel), which is actually owned by Dometic. IMO, when Dometic bought Atwood quality went in the toilet. That said you may want to contact them instead of fighting Jayco.

Does your water heater not work at all, on gas or electric? You might want to clean the contacts on the connections inside the access panel outside. It's very common for them to corrode. Even though it's a new trailer, it is possible that these need to be cleaned.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:15 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Jayco does not make water heaters. Jayco, and every other trailer/RV manufacterer only builds the unit. All components, frame, fridge, microwave, A/C, heat, etc. are made by 3rd parties. These 3rd party components carry thier own warranties.

Most likely your water heater is made by Atwood (it will be stamped on the outside access panel), which is actually owned by Dometic. IMO, when Dometic bought Atwood quality went in the toilet. That said you may want to contact them instead of fighting Jayco.

Does your water heater not work at all, on gas or electric? You might want to clean the contacts on the connections inside the access panel outside. It's very common for them to corrode. Even though it's a new trailer, it is possible that these need to be cleaned.
Our water heater just went out over the weekend on our 2018 Jay Flight SLX 284BHS. A nearby dealer was kind enough to test the board and confirmed it was shot. Called Domitec and they told me to go buy a new board on Amazon.
sirrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:54 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
Our water heater just went out over the weekend on our 2018 Jay Flight SLX 284BHS. A nearby dealer was kind enough to test the board and confirmed it was shot. Called Domitec and they told me to go buy a new board on Amazon.
Good advice, but surprising (IMO) Dometic would actually tell you that.

You'd think they would want you to buy the board direct from them at some inflated price, and then give you some excuse like "you MUST buy it from us if you want the warranty to stay intact".

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:13 AM   #71

Quote:
Grand Design is owned by Winnebago. Many names in brands in the RV world, few actual parent companies.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 08:05 PM   #72

Picking up an old post but our experience with Gayle Kine was great, an easy deal and they didn’t bug us for the whole day while we measured and compared 4 models. 3 hours away but we will go back for warranty work.
eodcoduto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:56 PM   #73

We use Apple Valley RV in Appleton WI for service on our 2017 Jay Feather
.Very happy with them. They are a mom and pop Jayco only dealership. Highly recommend them.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:25 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by eodcoduto View Post
Picking up an old post but our experience with Gayle Kine was great, an easy deal and they didn’t bug us for the whole day while we measured and compared 4 models. 3 hours away but we will go back for warranty work.
X2 for Gayle Kline RV. Have purchased two new RV's from them in the past 4 years, and I too live over 2 hours away. Best RV buying and service experience I have ever had, and I have purchased over 12 new units in my lifetime from multiple different dealers. Their service department is the best ever, with knowledgable techs, most of whom have worked there for a decade or more. Top notch!!
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:37 PM   #75

Ouch, your Jayco dealer sounds as worthless as my local one. I wrote a post about getting Jayco warranty work done by someone other than the dealer, that's the best solution. Next time you have an issue call Jayco and tell them about what a clown show your dealer is, and in my case they provided 2 other options, 1 being a mobile repair guy.

If we start calling Jayco and complaining about their authorized dealers for warranty work, they will start to take notice. I have now used the mobile repair company "Aarons RV" twice and jayco will even ship the parts to them directly!

No more making an appointment in 2 weeks and driving it over while it sits there for 4 weeks while they are "waiting or parts or working on it".

Give them a call, based on my experience they will want to make sure you are satisfied and buy another one in the future.
beachbound is offline   Reply With Quote