Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-17-2015, 01:18 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Kunkletown PA
Posts: 115
Battery charge time

Went out to winterize the TT and the battery was stone dead. (Microwave door was left open ). How long do I need to keep her plugged in to shore power to fully recharge the battery? I was planning on removing it and storing it for the season. Don't currently have a trickle charger. On the wish list.
__________________

__________________
2008 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
2015 264BHW
Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine
Posts: 121
To the best of my knowledge, the microwave and the light in the microwave are 110 volts and would not run down your battery. I would sooner think the propane and carbon monoxide detector would kill the battery. Usually within 3 weeks. The battery charge circuit in your converter may not charge your totally dead battery, as they are usually only 4-5 amps, but it's worth a try.
__________________

__________________
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS travel trailer, 2005 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel with 60 gallon auxilary bed mounted fuel tank, Honda EU3000 generator.
Roy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:54 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
tnchuck100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sparta, TN
Posts: 1,174
The microwave is only 110V. It does not use the battery at all.

It is possible that if the battery is stone dead (zero volts) it may not recover. Your converter is cable of well over 5 amps charging. Likely capable of 20+ amps charge. The newer converters are excellent multi-stage battery chargers. But it may not charge a totally dead battery. Check the spec sheet for the converter that came with your camper.
__________________
Chuck - Sparta, TN
2012 Jay Flight 22FB, 2 x Honda EU2000i
2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:12 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Kunkletown PA
Posts: 115
I didn't think the CO detector would run it down that fast. It was parked for the last 2 months. I usually pull the fuse, but didn't. .............Just realized that I have a battery charge indicator along with the gray and black tank level indicator. I didn't even look at it. I just ran outside mid post and checked it. 2/3 charged after being plugged in for about 24 hours. Yeesh! I hate it when I do that!
__________________
2008 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
2015 264BHW
Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.