Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-21-2016, 01:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I like this idea! There's more than one way to skin a cat!

But if the next occupant rolls up and wants his spot, you could get rushed again ...
Most of the time that we do this has been our Halloween trip in late Sept/ early Oct. Very slim chance of someone rolling in on Sun afternoon, but it could happen. The other time is when we are on our big trip of the year. We stay through Monday to miss the crazy Sunday w/e warrior traffic. So far all has gone well leaving on Mon and doing that, though this past year we just hit the dump station.

Flapper,

Is there a dealer near you that has a dump station and water hook up to clean out the tank? A few members have made an adapter hose to hook up an outdoor shower to the black tank flush so they could use the fresh water tank water.

I believe the reason the sticker states to keep the valve open is to prevent overflowing the black tank. There is a vent that goes up through the roof. BUT the vent pipe could have a bad glue joint allowing a leak as well.... Happen to a friend with the gray tank.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:25 PM   #22

All this sounds needlessly complicated while there is a line up behind you. Even when there isn't a lineup all I do is....

1.Hook up hose.
2.Open black tank drain.
3.Wait until it is just trickling out and then close black tank.
4.Open grey tank.
5.Head inside the trailer add chemicals and some water to the toilet.
6.Come out and more than likely the gray tank is done draining.
7.Pack up hose and leave.

Once a season or if I am at a site with full hookups I will flush the black tank out. I don't see the point of cleaning the black tank. It will get "dirty" again and probably on the way home!

Taking care of all that while other people are waiting is asking for trouble as you will be rushing around trying to be quick and courteous. And that is when an accident will happen.

My storage lot also has a dump station if needed. So if the line is long where we were camping I will tow a full tank all the way home.

Cheers