Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2021, 09:14 PM   #61

I have had the Weber Q220 for about 13 yrs now, nice even heat, I had to replace the regulator knob assembly last year because it would not get up over 250 degrees. Regular gummed up from oil they add to propane. I just use the 1 lb cyl now. Now it is as good as new
Old 05-27-2021, 03:22 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonDawn View Post
Another vote for the Coleman 285 Roadtrip. We are living in our Pinnacle 5th wheel while waiting on our house to be built. Bought a stainless steel hose that I can hook up to a 5 gallon propane bottle!!! Love it!
Lol, we just bought a 2021 36FBTS to live on while we sell our place and build another. With building prices as they are, we may be in it longer than planned
Old 05-28-2021, 02:26 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
So I'm seeing lots of new options for a portable gas grill. Any opinions on the best/worst out there? We've been using the old black box with the lava rocks on the bottom and the small side bottle for too long. Time for an upgrade!

And yes, I know charcoal is superior. I prefer the convenience of just lighting the grill and cooking.

So what's the verdict?

Honestly, I got me a little Coleman tailgater that runs off the little green propane bottles. Got tired of the "suitcase" grill that came with mine. Too small, cooked too hot, and was an absolute MESS to clean up.

Gunner
Gunner01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 01:27 PM   #64
Kmo

I went to the Treagor Ranger smoker, comes with a griddle and grill, A little sower for grilling but not bad and then has a griddle for breakfasts, I removed the two burner stove that we never used out of the box on the back of the seismic and was able to reuse the slide mechanism for the ranger, slides in and out nicely, I think I will be leaving my BBQ at home now.
Kmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 01:54 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk69 View Post
I’ll be “that” guy. I love my Blackstone and don’t bother with a grill. Does everything a grill does and more.
Yep. I do carry propane and charcoal grills on longer trips but my Blackstone gets used every day.
TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:53 PM   #66

My son has a Blackstone and the pizza cooker. You can not do better than this! The pizza is better than you get at the restaurant.
We can use it because of the weight. We travel all over the country and we have a hybrid so weight is a big factor. The notebook grill fits our needs.
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:49 PM   #67

We have the Coleman road trip. Works well. After 2 trips with those little gas bottles, we bought a 12' hose to hook it up to a standard 20# tank. No more little bottles.
We just throw it in the bed of the pickup.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmo View Post
I went to the Treagor Ranger smoker, comes with a griddle and grill, A little sower for grilling but not bad and then has a griddle for breakfasts, I removed the two burner stove that we never used out of the box on the back of the seismic and was able to reuse the slide mechanism for the ranger, slides in and out nicely, I think I will be leaving my BBQ at home now.
I am considering the Ranger as well. I have a Trager Ironwood at the park. model and believe the Ranger would be a good addition for the coach.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:40 PM   #69

I was originally really interested in the Ranger, until I found out it was AC only. We often camp without power and I don't like the idea of needing to run a generator or inverter just to cook some burgers. I wish they had one that would run off a battery, or even one that would work like the Bio-Lite mini-stoves and generate power from the flame.

Just an aside, I always keep a little bio-lite in our rig in addition to the main grill. It's a fun and easy way to make a couple burgers (if you get the grill adapter) or just boil some water for coffee with sticks and pinecones.

https://www.bioliteenergy.com/products/campstove-complete-cook-kit?variant=33410310242403&utm_source=google&utm_m edium=cpc&utm_campaign={campaign_name}&utm_content =474241686667&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnueFBhChARIsAPu3YkSXLq UqxaT0PQM9IHoKFmZb3kXJMiQYjho0myVw8fAFLkvtA-sI4EkaAnleEALw_wcB

Thanks for everyone's input, I really appreciate it. After fiddling around with all the different stoves and all your comments, we settled on a Nextgrill with a cast iron griddle we can place on top.

Happy Camp cooking!
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 12:18 AM   #70
Lost in the Woods

Weber Summit S-460 is a great built in small gas grill. Love this grill. Big, heats fast easy set up and good looking! We used the rotisserie for the first time and the chicken came out juicy and delicious!
Victoanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 05:46 AM   #71
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Lol, we just bought a 2021 36FBTS to live on while we sell our place and build another. With building prices as they are, we may be in it longer than planned
I feel your pain, was in Home Despot a few days ago, a sheet of 3/4 CDX-$75.00. Not sure how we can sustain this trajectory and it's not just here, this is a worldwide phenomena.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 06:00 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
I feel your pain, was in Home Despot a few days ago, a sheet of 3/4 CDX-$75.00. Not sure how we can sustain this trajectory and it's not just here, this is a worldwide phenomena.
Yes, our plans changed, and we will stay here for the foreseeable future. Getting ready to have solar installed, that is pricy as well.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:54 PM   #73

I have a Weber Q and I like it a lot. That’s what I’d buy for a gas grill. I also have 3 Blackstones. I bought a 36” for our patio and I liked it so much that I bought a 22” for the camper. Then we bought a new camper and it came with a 17” Blackstone. The 22” is my favorite. It’s less to handle and clean than the 36” and it heats hotter and more evenly than the 17”. Sam’s Club has a 22” Blackstone knockoff for about $100.
nfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 11:06 AM   #74

Wife loves the Blackstone 22" so that means I like it too.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2022, 03:27 AM   #75

I use my Blackstone both at home and when camping. No more burner replacements every year from grease drippings.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:13 AM   #76
Site Team

We carry a portable Weber gas grill. It will do anything I want to do in the camp cooking area! 4 years and not any problems with it except a battery on the igniter.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:55 AM   #77

Best small gas grill?

We’ve carried the Webber Q for a long time now. Really like it. It comes out when I’m too lazy for charcoal, there’s fire issues or at a private rv park. Worked great with the little propane bottles, but I’ve since pulled the regulator and run it off the trailer’s propane system.

Only thing I don’t like over my charcoal grill is the mess. Charcoal cooks off the drippings and additionally I pour the coals into an already prepared fire pit when done cooking. Instant fire. No fault of the gas grill. Just how it works.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 05:59 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoanch View Post
Weber Summit S-460 is a great built in small gas grill. Love this grill. Big, heats fast easy set up and good looking! We used the rotisserie for the first time and the chicken came out juicy and delicious!
When I looked up that number it's 3,000 dollars, about 4 feet tall and 5 feet wide. It looks great but I would need a trailer to put it on
Old 07-13-2022, 06:04 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
We’ve carried the Webber Q for a long time now. Really like it. It comes out when I’m too lazy for charcoal, there’s fire issues or at a private rv park. Worked great with the little propane bottles, but I’ve since pulled the regulator and run it off the trailer’s propane system.

Only thing I don’t like over my charcoal grill is the mess. Charcoal cooks off the drippings and additionally I pour the coals into an already prepared fire pit when done cooking. Instant fire. No fault of the gas grill. Just how it works.
I like my Q, I spray it down with dawn and go eat I drop the grills in a plastic pan of water and use stainless steel wool on them and take wet paper towels to wipe out the inside. Nothing sticks
Old 07-13-2022, 06:08 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I was originally really interested in the Ranger, until I found out it was AC only. We often camp without power and I don't like the idea of needing to run a generator or inverter just to cook some burgers. I wish they had one that would run off a battery, or even one that would work like the Bio-Lite mini-stoves and generate power from the flame.

Just an aside, I always keep a little bio-lite in our rig in addition to the main grill. It's a fun and easy way to make a couple burgers (if you get the grill adapter) or just boil some water for coffee with sticks and pinecones.

https://www.bioliteenergy.com/products/campstove-complete-cook-kit?variant=33410310242403&utm_source=google&utm_m edium=cpc&utm_campaign={campaign_name}&utm_content =474241686667&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnueFBhChARIsAPu3YkSXLq UqxaT0PQM9IHoKFmZb3kXJMiQYjho0myVw8fAFLkvtA-sI4EkaAnleEALw_wcB

Thanks for everyone's input, I really appreciate it. After fiddling around with all the different stoves and all your comments, we settled on a Nextgrill with a cast iron griddle we can place on top.

Happy Camp cooking!
Just think of the power it would take to cook with 12 volts

Tags
barbecue, bbq, gas, grill