Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2021, 03:10 PM   #1

Best wax-Aluminum

Upgraded to a 2021 utilizing my 2019 for deer lease. Trailer will be in weather 7/24 continually. Have used Meguires #50 wax in past, but long hard day for 71 year old senior. Trying to see what others use, relatively easy for wax protection to protect aluminum.
H Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:42 PM   #2

I used ceramic based wax. Not hard to put on but I still have to do it more than once a year no matter what they claim.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Dog View Post
Upgraded to a 2021 utilizing my 2019 for deer lease. Trailer will be in weather 7/24 continually. Have used Meguires #50 wax in past, but long hard day for 71 year old senior. Trying to see what others use, relatively easy for wax protection to protect aluminum.
I have used the same Meguiar’s #50 RV/boat cleaner wax. Yeah, it takes a little elbow grease, but it is worth it and lasts a whole season, even after a few washings.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:25 PM   #4
CAG

There are a number of threads on this topic. In-fact one just a day or two ago. You might try the search in the gold bar at the top of the page. This is a weekly if not more often topic.

For my 2 cents worth go to www.Rejex.com and look at that. There really is not anything that is much better and it is less difficult than most waxes because it is not a wax and was originally developed for jet aircraft. Can't get much more aluminum than that.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:57 AM   #5

An RV is too large to practically wax by hand with legacy products. That's why I use the new spray-on ceramic coatings. Not only do they protect better and last a lot longer, but they're also very easy to use. You simply wash the RV, spray on the ceramic coating sparingly, and then towel dry. It takes less than half the time and effort and lasts a lot longer.

Try it once and you'll never go back to hand waxing.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 12:03 PM   #6

My hands get fatigued easily due to prior work and athletics, so applying wax in little circles and a lot of pressure is a no-go these days. My knees are also high-mileage, so crouching to get wheels or low body panels - nope.

I've turned to spray waxes, and no they aren't as good as a hand-applied or machine-applied paste. But they do work as good if you apply them a little more often. In the past, I've broken up waxing areas of my rig. After one wash, I'll spray-wax the hood and cab. On another wash, I'll wax the back of it. Or below the belt-line (bin doors). Or above. For wheels and low spots, I sit on my creeper in the stool position--it folds.

I recently started using Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1. Ceramic, carnauba, and a light cleaning agent. Goes on easy, wipes off nice and shiny. Spray on, wipe off, flat hand in a sweeping motion with a microfiber. YMMV...
22Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 09:55 AM   #7

Ultra wash

If my pics uploaded correctly, this is what my RV dealership recommends
It has worked well enough for me and very easy to use as you just use it as a normal washing agent.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0575.jpg   IMG_0574.jpg  

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 01:52 PM   #8

I've been using a soap cannon with my pressure washer for 8 years now and wouldn't do it any other way. I use Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash and Wax twice a season. Rinse with clear after using a marine scrub brush on a pole to gently move things around. Chemical Guys products were demoed at Summit Auto at one of their appreciation days and I'm sold. Use the exact same process for the cars and truck.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote