Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Open the valve and let it drain as you drive home, it's clean water.
I find it hard to believe that every passing car doesn't pull up beside you blowing their horn for your attention and pointing their finger toward your "leak"....If it's a fellow camper, he's sizing you up concerned your heading to dry camp and your losing your water supply. Non-campers don't know if your leaking gas, water or sewage. But in general, we all assume any leak is a bad leak, so now we have a driving distraction.

I'm not saying it's bad or illegal, but I feel it's a distraction and we need far fewer distracted drivers on the road

Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #12

I have been told that according to EPA regulations it is illegal to dump any liquids on the highway regardless of whether or not it is fresh water. I wouldn't do it. When I get home, if I want to dump my freshwater tank, I put a bucket underneath it and use the water for my flowers. As dry as it has been here in Illinois the last two or three summers, the flowers appreciate the extra water

2016 Eagle 323 LKTS
2009 GMC 1-ton Dually Diesel
djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djalbrec View Post
I have been told that according to EPA regulations it is illegal to dump any liquids on the highway regardless of whether or not it is fresh water. I wouldn't do it. When I get home, if I want to dump my freshwater tank, I put a bucket underneath it and use the water for my flowers. As dry as it has been here in Illinois the last two or three summers, the flowers appreciate the extra water
I don't dump tanks while driving, but you may want to have your EPA contact follow any if the thousands of trucks a day hauling loads of tomatoes, grapes, melons, etc out of the fields and on to the highways this time of the year. Tomato trucks especially are dumping hundreds of gallons of juice on the roads daily.
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #14

My wife usually cleans the toilet, shower, and sinks while I'm dumping. We end up using most of it that way, and use the left over to flush the black and grey.

The easy solution is to figure out how much you're using, and not carry so much with you.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #15

Bigger Valve on fresh Tank?

With the heat of the cement it evaporates be for the next car hits it kinda like AC condensation. But what really stinks is the guy using his windshield washer an it shoots over His car and gets water spots all over my clean car or the business that doesn't adjust there sprinkler heads and they go in the street.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #16

I agree, the fresh water tank drain valve is way too small. If you sanitize your tank once a year you'll soon get fed up watching the grass grow - and you don't want to dump the water+chlorine mix on the road or down a drain that leads to a stream!

Black tank Quick-e Flush, MaxxAir Vent cover, TV bracket and LCD TV, added Slideout awning, bunk ladder, added socket and reading light to top bunk, added bathroom fan switch near light switch, insulated all externally accessible storage, sealed pass through storage from interior of trailer, LED lights throughout, added LED lights to storage compartments
EnricoG is offline   Reply With Quote