Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2024, 10:07 AM   #1

Exclamation Black Tank Missing!

We just got a 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27. It has no black tank and we need to purchase a new one. Though we don't have the dimensions of the tank...since it isn't there. Can ANYONE help? Or could you tell me if the grey tank is the same size as the black tank because it is still attached lol

Or if you could tell me how to find this information (it is not in the manual.)

Thank you!!
ticeswithajayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:17 AM   #2

Did you try contacting Jayco directly for the specs on that year and model. Might be a good place to start. Hope this helps.
SJHMRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:18 AM   #3

I sent a request to them last week via their website, I am still waiting to hear back. Thank you for your help!
Old 02-19-2024, 10:20 AM   #4

I would look up the specs and get the gallon rating of your model and year RV. Then I would ETrailer and ask if they have some kind of cross match system. I would also try calling Jayco and ask if they have a brand and model number. Your local dealer might have the ability to look this up and order you one. Possibly a plumbing schematic to help in getting all the right parts from Jayco?

Mine almost went missing as I happened to do a bottom inspection and found one of the two support straps had come loose from the single screw on one end. Needless to say I added screws on both black and gray tanks as a result.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticeswithajayco View Post
I sent a request to them last week via their website, I am still waiting to hear back. Thank you for your help!
They only keep those files for 10 years or less, so I doubt they will have the info.
Old 02-19-2024, 10:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
I would look up the specs and get the gallon rating of your model and year RV. Then I would ETrailer and ask if they have some kind of cross match system. I would also try calling Jayco and ask if they have a brand and model number. Your local dealer might have the ability to look this up and order you one. Possibly a plumbing schematic to help in getting all the right parts from Jayco?

Mine almost went missing as I happened to do a bottom inspection and found one of the two support straps had come loose from the single screw on one end. Needless to say I added screws on both black and gray tanks as a result.
Thank you! I didn't know about ETrailer, so that will be a very helpful resource. I will try these suggestions.
Old 02-19-2024, 10:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
They only keep those files for 10 years or less, so I doubt they will have the info.
Ah, man!!
Old 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM   #8

How was the camper used before you purchased it? What type of toliet do you have in it now? The underside frames may and will dictate the size and thickness. I have purchased generic tanks from Amazon. But you will need to look closer to the toliet setup now to make sure you can flush in the top of any tank you purchase.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:36 PM   #9
Site Team

From what I can find out, both your gray and black tanks were listed as 33 gallons. Whether they were the same design is unknown. Look over the gray tank for an identifying sticker, if it's still attached. It sounds like you're going to have to get creative to plumb one back in.

Just for informational purposes, the two identical 32.5-gallon tanks on our 2012 19RD were made by Ameri-Kart Inc which is now Myers Industries. Before they sold out, their website had diagrams, pictures and part numbers for their RV tanks. That's no longer the case. They are a supplier of rotomolded tanks for the RV industry and many others. Probably can't buy from them directly since they are a manufacturer.

Another source for a tank is RecPro.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 12:37 PM   #10

While I have no experience in composting toilets, many say that they are the way to go. Point being, if you went with a composting toilet then having a black tank wouldn't be needed.

I will also add, if you are setup in a permanent location, a conventional toilet going directly to the sewage is what some people do. ~CA
Old 02-19-2024, 01:50 PM   #11

Sadly, I was thinking it came from the factory that way.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM   #12

You can try to send them an email at service@jayco.com. I would just measure they area where the black tank goes and by one that fits that area dimension wise.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 07:15 PM   #13
Site Team

ditto, find the height, width and length of the place it came from then find a tank that will go in the opening.

I had an old rig years back that only had one tank. Everything went into that one tank. I had a dealer (back then they were very competent) who ordered, installed and replumbed the unit so that I had a separate black and grey tank and was plumbed like the newer rigs were.

It was a reasonable addition.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 01:09 PM   #14

Someone mentioned Amazon, I second that. They have a lot of RV holding tanks. They have detailed descriptions, fast one or two day delivery and easy returns if you buy the wrong size.
Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 01:17 PM   #15

I would go to a campground or storage lot and try to find somebody with the same or near model year and look at theirs
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 02:17 PM   #16

Go to Jayco website and click on your state, find the nearest authorized dealer. Call them and give them your Vin #. They can order it for you.
TNGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 04:51 PM   #17

I'm glad I wasn't the guy driving it when it decided to fall off.
Old 02-28-2024, 05:24 PM   #18

...or the person behind them - yuchhh!
Had a full freshwater tank hit the highway at speed after nailing a pothole and scared the buh-geeziz out of DW in a chase vehicle. It slid off the crown to the side of road, but were able to retrieve and salvage it. Scary to see what very little holds them in place! Improved the mounts and would like to do the discharge tanks too. Won't travel with more than 1/3 tank after that, just enough for rest stop use. At over 8 lbs/gallon, it adds up quick and hits hard as a dynamic load.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:26 AM   #19

I generally call the toll free number for customer service listed on the owners page when I need wiring and part info . I get through quickly , and have never had a problem getting the info I need.

2019 Whitehawk 23MRB
Dafrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 11:15 AM   #20

Check the following, Amazon, Rec Pro, and particularly Icon they have a vast amount of tanks and skylights fenders etc.
Hope this helps. Cannot figure who would steal a black tank.
corv65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, newbie, size