Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2014, 06:56 AM   #1

Black trim on jayFlight?

Went to look at trailers yesterday, saw a 2015 26BHS with black trim on the outside. The salesman said it had just come in the day before and he didn't even notice til we pointed it out and didn't know anything about it. The 2015 28BHBE that came in at the same time had the standard white trim.

The trim around the doors, the speakers, the power outlets, the awning arms and awning fabric and the vertical edge caps were all black. I looked at the spec sheet they had inside, didn't see any mention of anything different on the exterior.

Well we really liked the look, it was just different enough for us.

Does anyone know anything about this?
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #2

Black trim on jayFlight?

Same with all the jayco 2015 pop ups. I like it better than the white.

Kinda funny that the salesman didn't notice prior.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #3
Lost in the Woods

the jay feathers have gone all black as well.

I actually prefer the white. In 100 degree heat my awning arms are cool. I can only imagine how hot they would be in black...ouch.

IMO black is not good anywhere on a trailer. that A/C unit would be running hotter as well
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #4

I think Jayco went to the black trip across the board this year. I wasn't sure about it when I saw the pictures, but changed my tune when I saw it in person.

nbhybrid makes a good point about heat, but I haven't noticed things running hotter, being hot to the touch, etc. That said, I debated changing my propane tank cover to black as the white is so hard to keep clean, but decided not to due to heat build-up concerns.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #5

Well the 29QBS is a brand new model for 2015, all the ones that I have seen have white trim... Even the 2015's on the website don't show the black trim.

The black awning is interesting because it will absorb heat a lot more than the white, also it will appear darker underneath because it won't reflect the light at night. Not really a huge fan of that.

The rest of the black is minimal, I doubt you would have substantial heat gain from trim pieces... but its just enough black against a light background to have a real nice look to it. I would be shocked if that tiny amount of trim caused any heat build up inside.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote