Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2017, 08:21 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tundra View Post
On a separate note, what's the longest hose length you've needed to reach from the water spigot to the black water tank at a dump station?

Trying to minimize the length of hose we have to carry but don't want to come up short on the tank flush hose.

I was thinking about picking up a 25' hose for dedicated black water rinse.
I'm not a minimalist regarding hose lengths, but my old, re-purposed, 25', light duty, green, garden hose has been fine for black tank flush use. It has also been used for (stealth) washing mud off the rear of the trailer and at-the-ready for campfires.

oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:00 AM   #32

I also read where someone hooked up to their outside shower and used their water pump to feed the black water rinse.

My DW was not receptive to that idea. Truth be told it seemed a little gross to me but I can't explain why. They are both clean connectors, it's where the water is going that is dirty.

The views expressed may not be mine in five minutes.

Favorite Book On The Road
Currently Reading Picture of Dorian Gray
Author of Mack Thomas: The Total Beat
TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:13 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
I also read where someone hooked up to their outside shower and used their water pump to feed the black water rinse.

My DW was not receptive to that idea. Truth be told it seemed a little gross to me but I can't explain why. They are both clean connectors, it's where the water is going that is dirty. ...snip
IIRC, I saw that somewhere, too. My thought was the shower volume and pressure would only clean the blank tank flush plumbing, but do little to clean the inside of the black tank. I use a non-white, garden hose with full CG pressure & flow for the flush input.

There is a backflow preventer (yes, the one that leaks for some folks) so water does not get siphoned out of the black tank and into the incoming water supply. But like you, truth be told, I get a queasy feeling at the thought of hooking my white water hose to the black flush connection. It's not logical, but there it is.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #34

I got to see a new 17RK at the Ft. Wayne RV show. I see the remote valves...nice. I'm adding one this spring. But I have a concern as well, in looking under the unit, the black tank valve is now located at the tank so the pipe is very long, also the valve point forward and downward to clear the bottom of the tank I would be concerned about ground clearance. Our valve is tucked up next to the frame rail, a lot less pipe to the outlet.

Other change I saw was the kitchen rear window and the new opening side window, and the convection / microwave is not stainless steel. An a better bathroom light, ours is so bright you can get a sun tan in there.
Knottybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:24 AM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post

My DW was not receptive to that idea. Truth be told it seemed a little gross to me but I can't explain why. They are both clean connectors, it's where the water is going that is dirty.

The views expressed may not be mine in five minutes.

That may have been me. Although I got the idea from someone else.
I have used this method a lot and never a problem. I do have a manual cutoff valve to back up the famous check valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:58 AM   #36

We have a factory black water flush system.

I figured out what was going on and fixed the issue. Jayco had the drain pipe pitched the wrong direction so it was holding water downstream of the gate valve, hence the continuing drainage of water.......

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...-41831-10.html

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote