Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-29-2018, 01:26 PM   #21

Speaking from personal experience everyone that goes camping with us loves my 36” griddle. When I first got it 2 years ago, I took it on a camping trip with a bunch of buddies that I was in the military with and everyone had either a smoker or grill that they took out. The way we do it is everyone takes a turn feeding everyone else, I went first and made everyone chicken fajitas as the main course. After the first night everyone wanted to use the griddle. One of my biddies came over to our trailer and took it to make everyone pancakes, eggs and bacon. He said it took him less than 20 minutes to have everything done and afterwords he kept everything warm by sitting the aluminum trays on top and keeping the flame low. For lunch another buddy made burgers and hotlinks on it and loved it, no flare up or burnt burgers. My other buddy even made fried rice on it one night. The only thing this griddle doesn’t do is smoke meat. Needless to say everyone gots one now. One thing I do recommend is using a griddle stone after cleaning and before adding a light coat of vegetable oil before storing it.
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 01:52 PM   #22

I use a cheap table top gas BBQ costs less than $30.00. I put a stove top griddle on it if I want to cook pancakes, bacon, and eggs type of food on it. I will have to check out the nordicware griddle. The cheap BBQ last me 5 to 7 years before the burner rusts out and self destruct. I also use Flame King refillable 1 lb propane tanks for the BBQ and Buddy heater.

I also put a airbake cookie sheet on the legs of the BBQ to keep the heat away from the table that I am cooking on. This way I do not melt a laminate top table or the shelf that I added to the outside of the TT. The cookie sheet also helps catch drippings.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

https://www.amazon.com/AirBake-Natur...r+cookie+sheet

https://www.amazon.com/Char-Standard...n%3A3624219011
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Flame-Ki...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:11 PM   #23

I no longer use my Weber Q since I got my 17" Blackstone griddle. Love that thing and don't have an issue with rust if properly maintained, which is a breeze.
BassOverflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:44 PM   #24

Thoroughly enjoy the Weber family of grills as I own 4 different ones. I think you would be more satisfied with a weber once you look at the warranty..... usually 10 years and no quibbles.
txauditr-ret. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:27 PM   #25

We use Blackstone and love it! Only thing we've had problems with is hotdogs. But bought a campfire grill basket, put all the hotdogs into it and flip all at the same time, and now get grill marks. I would take into consideration the weight of the Blackstone, and storage (cant get wet or it will rust). We also replaced our home grill with a Blackstone so we can feed the whole gang in one grilling.
rcintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:44 PM   #26

I've found that if I open the valve real slow on the 20lb tank it works fine, otherwise I have issues. I have also opened the gas on the grill then opened the 20lb bottle slowly and that works too. YMMV.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:39 PM   #27
Huh

We have the Coleman Fold and Go with the optional griddle attachment. It's versatile and more than big enough just for the two of us.
Huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:41 PM   #28

I love my black stones. I have a big 36 inch at home and the little one for the road. Treat it like a nice piece of cast-iron and you’re good to go. Whole lot less mess then a barbecue grill and a lot more versatile. I can cook all the messy stuff outside bacon, sausage, eggs, sear some steaks, chicken, stir fry, what have you without making a mess on the inside of the rig .
Love them both. I left the hassle of a barbecue grill long ago. Get the size that makes sense for how you live.
Jay Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 07:45 PM   #29

Love our Weber Q but have no experience with the blackstone. We purchased the actual Weber griddle for 1/2 of the grill and it is big enough to do eggs, pancakes, etc. Make sure the griddle is properly seasoned, and things don't stick. Hashbrowns on the left, steak on the grates etc. Perfect cooking for the two of us.
davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:12 PM   #30

Why settle for one or the other when you can have it all. I love my camp chef Pro60X stove. I can use a griddle, bbq grill, or pizza oven. I also cook with cast iron on it or just make coffee with a peculator.
I cook all year with this. I actually threw out my home bbq grill and use the camp chef.
As for cleaning and care of the griddle, it is no different than using cast iron.
Attached Thumbnails
20180812_164702.jpg   20180616_090759.jpg   20180627_184449.jpg  
kennibc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:04 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennibc View Post
Why settle for one or the other when you can have it all. I love my camp chef Pro60X stove. I can use a griddle, bbq grill, or pizza oven. I also cook with cast iron on it or just make coffee with a peculator.
I cook all year with this. I actually threw out my home bbq grill and use the camp chef.
As for cleaning and care of the griddle, it is no different than using cast iron.

Real nice :-)

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:58 AM   #32

We have a bumper mount propane grill and an electric griddle.
We use both.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:52 PM   #33

I do a lot of cooking, at home and camping, and I find great uses for both. I like burgers, dogs and steaks on a charcoal grill...no propane. Everything else, especially fish, I pretty much use the Blackstone. Rust on the iron is normal and easy to remove. But like others have stated, season the griddle well and oil it up like a bikini model after using.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #34

I carry a Weber grill in my 377 outside kitchen. It was like Jayco made this space to carry it. When I use it, I bought the stand for it. Click image for larger version

Name:	1546363410637.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	46353
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #35

Just ordered the Weber Q1200 with stand, cover and griddle. Looking forward to making all the breakfast stuff outside

At home, I'm a green egg man. Somehow, I'm able to cook the best steaks I've ever eaten on my green egg.
vankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:29 PM   #36

At home, I'm a green egg man. Somehow, I'm able to cook the best steaks I've ever eaten on my green egg.[/QUOTE]

Gotta love the BGE. I Can’t eat a steak anywhere but home now.
DesertJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #37

Why have to pack, store and clean these things? A $30 electric griddle from walmart will do the same job and store with the pots and pans after you wipe it off
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:59 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyabear View Post
Why have to pack, store and clean these things? A $30 electric griddle from walmart will do the same job and store with the pots and pans after you wipe it off
Electric? None of that where we typically camp.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:53 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennibc View Post

Like your set up! I have both a two burner (for the camper) and three burner (for home). I have the grill, griddle and pizza oven for both sizes. Everything tastes better cooked on cast iron!

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote