Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2022, 06:28 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josparkz View Post
I'm not so impressed with this whole Jaycontrol deal. We got our new trailer 3 weeks ago. The first 72 hours the tablet controller alone had 5 malfunctions taking it back to the dealer. Then after they said it was fixed, left it there for 2 weeks while they fixed it. So, to say I haven't learned to appreciate it's finer points is an understatement. They blamed this all on a loose node wire, totally unrelated to the incorrectly wired solar controller that had a melt down. So we will try it again next week and see if it is all squared away. I like the technology, but not when it's broken.
So, it appears your problem is/was with incorrect wiring/loose node. a pain yes, but not the fault of the BMPRO/Jay command system. When connected properly, it works very well. I just helped set up a friend's Pinnacle a few days ago at our place, Winegard and Jay Command. Even showed him how to play the TV through the stereo speakers.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
So, it appears your problem is/was with incorrect wiring/loose node. a pain yes, but not the fault of the BMPRO/Jay command system. When connected properly, it works very well. I just helped set up a friend's Pinnacle a few days ago at our place, Winegard and Jay Command. Even showed him how to play the TV through the stereo speakers.
Basically, they say. The solar controller also had a meltdown which alarmed me.
So, can we get our Direct TV Now thru that winegard thingy from the account we have at home?
Josparkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 04:07 AM   #23

Quote:
Basically, they say. The solar controller also had a meltdown which alarmed me.
So, can we get our Direct TV Now thru that winegard thingy from the account we have at home?
We also have their solar and thankfully, no issues. no, Direct TV has to come in through their proprietary satellite dish at home. You can buy the Direct TV hardware for the RV as well as Dish network, I think they call it the Tailgater. With Winegard you can now stream and watch Netflix/Prime video and others.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:01 PM   #24

Quote:
We also have their solar and thankfully, no issues. no, Direct TV has to come in through their proprietary satellite dish at home. You can buy the Direct TV hardware for the RV as well as Dish network, I think they call it the Tailgater. With Winegard you can now stream and watch Netflix/Prime video and others.
Thank you.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Thank you.
My pleasure, happy to help
Old 06-26-2022, 09:35 PM   #26

Quote:
If it is indeed a blue tooth TV Momma thinks it can work off our internet connection on the hotspot from the phone.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:23 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtkersh View Post
I don’t think this is right. My slides came with an attachment for a drill that you can stick into the stop somewhere to manually retract the slides if they controller doesn’t work.
If mine came with such an attachment I sure am not aware of it. I will ask the service manager when I go to get it back.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:12 AM   #28

Quote:
If mine came with such an attachment I sure am not aware of it. I will ask the service manager when I go to get it back.
I got some education from the service manger and found the tools. Had a major falfunctioning from the computer safety protocols.
I want to see some of that stuff manually operated.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:31 AM   #29

Quote:
Have you seen any safety protocols that will cause a lock out of the BMPro? Like you cant' put your slides out if you're plugged into shore power while you're still plugged in at the hitch. Total shutdown. Dead in the water.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:58 AM   #30

Quote:
Have you seen any safety protocols that will cause a lock out of the BMPro? Like you cant' put your slides out if you're plugged into shore power while you're still plugged in at the hitch. Total shutdown. Dead in the water.
I have not, and I won't say if it can /not happen, I just haven't seen it. Our routine is too first connect to AC power when at the destination, then disconnect from the camper. I have the Andersen Ultimate Hitch that requires us to raise the pin box from the hitch. Wife likes doing that with the phone APP. She then levels the camper with the slides opening last. Reason for plugging in first is just in case batteries were weak and could cause issues opening slides. There is another thread here with someone asking similar question about opening slide at a rest stop to use bathroom, and unable to do so. It may be a safety issue, don't really know, need to find it and see if it was resolved. We actually use the rest stop, and if in a pickle, our floorplan has a half bathroom accessible all the time.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:30 AM   #31

Quote:
I have not, and I won't say if it can /not happen, I just haven't seen it. Our routine is too first connect to AC power when at the destination, then disconnect from the camper. I have the Andersen Ultimate Hitch that requires us to raise the pin box from the hitch. Wife likes doing that with the phone APP. She then levels the camper with the slides opening last. Reason for plugging in first is just in case batteries were weak and could cause issues opening slides. There is another thread here with someone asking similar question about opening slide at a rest stop to use bathroom, and unable to do so. It may be a safety issue, don't really know, need to find it and see if it was resolved. We actually use the rest stop, and if in a pickle, our floorplan has a half bathroom accessible all the time.
They told me if I stop at a rest area and don't unplug from the truck no slides. Then I went and plugged in and tried to open the slides, maybe still plugged to the truck, but didn't unhitch the AUH first, and no slides and lots of running back and forth in the sun between the BMpoop controller and the jack controls. Then I didn't put blocks under the back jacks and the
auto stabilizer went on strike since I held the button too long and one leg was too short. So 45 minutes on the phone with the service manager patiently walkkng me through it (actually, I was running my fat old butt off)to finally get it running.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:47 AM   #32

Quote:
They told me if I stop at a rest area and don't unplug from the truck no slides. Then I went and plugged in and tried to open the slides, maybe still plugged to the truck, but didn't unhitch the AUH first, and no slides and lots of running back and forth in the sun between the BMpoop controller and the jack controls. Then I didn't put blocks under the back jacks and the
auto stabilizer went on strike since I held the button too long and one leg was too short. So 45 minutes on the phone with the service manager patiently walkkng me through it (actually, I was running my fat old butt off)to finally get it running.
Lol, that would have been a funny movie. Moral of the story, use the rest stop's bathroom if available. Was it that unleveled at this spot that you needed blocks? I have a couple pieces of wood for emergency, but have never used them yet. You will read here about various issues folks have had with their slides, and knock on wood, ours have worked flawlessly, but I don't think I would open them enroute somewhere unless I had to.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:02 AM   #33

well, back to SSDD. on the road and BT not working. the controller doesn't even show up as an option in the list of paired devices, tho the app says I'm paired.
BTW, when I spoke to BMPro tech support on Monday they said that if the controller doesn't respond to commands for whatever reason, u can still control the slides with the manual buttons on the bottom of the tablet and the landing gear with the pad in the basement. the AC/climate is another matter. no alternatives there. I can attest that if the ac was turned on when the controller stopped responding, it will continue to operate. hopefully I will never have a failure of the controller while traveling before I have the chance to turn it on. can't leave the girls in the rv without ac. the tech seemed rather cavalier about that scenario.
tiki318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:46 PM   #34

Cool

Quote:
Lol, that would have been a funny movie. Moral of the story, use the rest stop's bathroom if available. Was it that unleveled at this spot that you needed blocks? I have a couple pieces of wood for emergency, but have never used them yet. You will read here about various issues folks have had with their slides, and knock on wood, ours have worked flawlessly, but I don't think I would open them enroute somewhere unless I had to.
Definetly a slapstick show. There wasn't enough reach on the jacks. Then I held my finger on the self leveling button instead of one push and release. Apparently that was more than the BMP would handle. And I hooked up to shore power before I unhitched the trailer. And maybe I did or maybe I didn't unplug from the truck first. But It was like 100* and I wanted those airs on like right now. And that made the tablet loose it's marbles
Old 06-30-2022, 12:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki318 View Post
well, back to SSDD. on the road and BT not working. the controller doesn't even show up as an option in the list of paired devices, tho the app says I'm paired.
BTW, when I spoke to BMPro tech support on Monday they said that if the controller doesn't respond to commands for whatever reason, u can still control the slides with the manual buttons on the bottom of the tablet and the landing gear with the pad in the basement. the AC/climate is another matter. no alternatives there. I can attest that if the ac was turned on when the controller stopped responding, it will continue to operate. hopefully I will never have a failure of the controller while traveling before I have the chance to turn it on. can't leave the girls in the rv without ac. the tech seemed rather cavalier about that scenario.
Wow. Your stuff sounds jacked up. This brand new?
Old 06-30-2022, 03:52 PM   #36

Smile

Quote:
Definetly a slapstick show. There wasn't enough reach on the jacks. Then I held my finger on the self leveling button instead of one push and release. Apparently that was more than the BMP would handle. And I hooked up to shore power before I unhitched the trailer. And maybe I did or maybe I didn't unplug from the truck first. But It was like 100* and I wanted those airs on like right now. And that made the tablet loose it's marbles
Lol, sympathize with you. I would have been livid. Glad you had the foresight to find a phone number to call for help. Sometimes when we unhook, like yesterday coming home, my bride said the manual up/down button on the phone App was not working as she was trying to raise the king pin off the hitch. All you do is go to the panel in the wet bay and manually tap the up/down button on the panel briefly. Now you can go back to the App, and all is well. We are learning as we go but have found the BMPRO/Jay command to work very well. I am 68 years young, and love technology, don't ask me why.
Today I was unable to connect to the camper via Wi-Fi, and briefly i scratched my head, then remembered it was still at the campground at Hilton Head, so a quick walk to the camper, connect the phone to the Winegard network, open the Winegard connect APP and find the home network.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:03 PM   #37

FYI....the BmPro shows as "RV Genius" in my list of paired devices on my Iphone.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:06 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki318 View Post
I understand that the BT and wifi connections are independent of each other. i had been using the BT inside the rig to adjust the AC from bed at night. i also would use it from just outside the RV to test reception. it worked well for 3 days, then the app would no longer connect by BT. i would open BT on my phone, select BMPRO7DI, it would go through the process, connect for a nanosecond and then drop off. i deleted my phone from the controller and tried to re-pair with no luck. later that day, the controller stopped allowing me to check status or make adjustments to anything. the screen was slightly greyed out. luckily, the AC was on and continued to run. i was unable to operate the system for about 6 hrs. i think that was internet related. i could not get the controller to log on. when it came back up, it was connected to wifi. i just don't get how this system could be dependent on a wifi signal. not everywhere you go has wifi. how are you supposed to manage your climate and other settings when you are in remote locations. if you are in the rig, it should only require power to operate. the wifi and BT capabilities are convenience features and are nice if they work. mine have not been reliable. but don't tell me if i don't have wifi i can't monitor the tanks or control the landing gear or thermostat! that's just plain ludicrous!!
Sorry, I am reading your post again, might have missed something last time I replied to you. The tablet in the camper should control all your camper features, NO BT or WI-FI required. BT is wonderful when near the camper/ hooking/ unhooking depending on your hitch, and the TPMS system if you have it, checking/ adjusting AC temperatures and others. WI-FI will do the same away from the camper, but the tablet inside should work everything, no external signals require. If that is the case, you may have a bad tablet/BMPRO node.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:07 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
FYI....the BmPro shows as "RV Genius" in my list of paired devices on my Iphone.
Interesting, do you mean paired as in BT?
Old 07-01-2022, 08:35 AM   #40

Quote:
Interesting, do you mean paired as in BT?
yes, but it only shows when the app on the phone is running and the BmPro
app on the phone is connected.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote