Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2022, 08:36 AM   #41

I have the BM pro on my 27RB I don't like it it will not saty linked , soooooooo
Any ideas on a stand alone that will set on may dash
I see a few that have solar charging as well as plug charge
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:30 AM   #42

BMPro buttons quit and unpaired itself

Bought a new Pinnacle 36SSWS three weeks ago. Right now I would classify it a major lemon. Shower system leaked water in to basement, major damage as two trips to get leak fixed. Water leaked into command module. Jay of said use a blow dryer to dry out and it will be fine. Now Pro with buttons no longer synced to the phone, got it up for a few hours. Now buttons on bottom no longer work. FYI when it goes down, no lights, A/C or Heat, no hot water, awning cannot retract, slides or jacks. So I purchased a $100K tent at this point.
Punch list of issues with this rig is embarrassingly long. I bought on a whim and thought I was upgrading my 2017 Solitude, boy was I wrong. I hope everyone else has better luck with there’s. Also now stuck in Washington at the Canadian border, 1500 miles from the dealership I bought it.
Sorry if in appropriate.
Brian Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:52 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Wil View Post
Bought a new Pinnacle 36SSWS three weeks ago. Right now I would classify it a major lemon. Shower system leaked water in to basement, major damage as two trips to get leak fixed. Water leaked into command module. Jay of said use a blow dryer to dry out and it will be fine. Now Pro with buttons no longer synced to the phone, got it up for a few hours. Now buttons on bottom no longer work. FYI when it goes down, no lights, A/C or Heat, no hot water, awning cannot retract, slides or jacks. So I purchased a $100K tent at this point.
Punch list of issues with this rig is embarrassingly long. I bought on a whim and thought I was upgrading my 2017 Solitude, boy was I wrong. I hope everyone else has better luck with there’s. Also now stuck in Washington at the Canadian border, 1500 miles from the dealership I bought it.
Sorry if in appropriate.
Bummer.
Josparkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 09:13 AM   #44

Quote:
Sorry if in appropriate.
\
Sorry you are going through this. Does the phone App work at all?
Old 07-04-2022, 10:03 AM   #45

Quote:
Sorry if in appropriate.
I know how you feel about that controller not working. No lights, action, or anything. You must have had crap for luck with the quality control on yours. I know there was some deal with the shower drain on this one that the dealer found and repaired in pre-delivery inspection. But even undamaged the controller has given me fits. It also had a loose wire to the node that had to be repaired causing proplems
Josparkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 10:19 AM   #46
Lost in the Woods

Before I join the 21st century and in this context I ask myself, how much trouble is it to push a button on the wall, adjust the thermostat, or use a key to unlock the door and am I willing to go to MIT so I can trouble shoot why my phone won't flip my light switch, this week. Call me a luddite if you will.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:03 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
Before I join the 21st century and in this context I ask myself, how much trouble is it to push a button on the wall, adjust the thermostat, or use a key to unlock the door and am I willing to go to MIT so I can trouble shoot why my phone won't flip my light switch, this week. Call me a luddite if you will.
I asked the dealer to wire in a set of manual control switches in my trailer. They thought I was kidding.
Old 07-04-2022, 11:55 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
FYI....the BmPro shows as "RV Genius" in my list of paired devices on my Iphone.
When first paired via BT the controller was displayed in my list of available devices as BMPROD1. before we broke down to hit the road, i tried to pair it again but it didn't show up. i did see RVGenius in the list but assumed that was another nearby rig. once on the road i tried again and saw the RVGenius again. now i figured it had to be my controller. why it would change names all of i sudden i have no idea, but stranger things have been happening. i tried to pair with it. no luck. it said i needed an app. i already have JayCommand on my phone. i am not going to complicate issues looking for an app not compatible with my system and screw things up even more.
Old 07-04-2022, 12:22 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josparkz View Post
Wow. Your stuff sounds jacked up. This brand new?
yes. it's a new late 2021 with all of the 2022 upgrades. we bought at Hershey. it was used as the model for a trade show in Indiana in October. it is actually in a Jayco YT video from that show. we did the sales paperwork on it in November. it then sat at the dealer's for 6 months while we waited for the new truck we ordered in September to tow it. besides the problems with BMPro, i spent over an hour on the phone with Insignia trying to get the not so smart TV to work. they are replacing it. also, the reason i was so anxious to get BT operating was the Whirlpool res fridge door kept opening in transit. the smarttemp sensor paired with jaycommand was keeping me updated on the temperature until the BT dropped. the flimsy velcro strap wasn't sufficient to secure the french doors. i wedged a piece of pool noodle behind the handles. no good. i finally figured out that when the shelves on the doors are loaded, the weight causes the door to gap on bumps. i will be looking for some kind of external latch to attach to the doors. i remember seeing other RV brands with them.
Old 07-04-2022, 02:01 PM   #50

Jayco Command

Yes, bought it on 6/11/2022 and have been into two shops and now need a third or one shop per week. Initial quality looks great, actually my Hideway trailer was better built than this one. All the trim has issues, floor has a dent, shades broken, trim peeling. A/C was broken, shower faucet leaked, shower leaks onto floor. Walls in shower are buckled, JBL system not working after one week. Had to reboot TV twice. From shower leak have to replace all the wood in basement.
Now Jayco Command no linger works, possibly from all the water that leaked into it with all the wires. Jayco said hair drier it out and it will be fine!! Now on vacation and whole trailer is dead due to Command not working. I cannot find ways to bypass it!
Brian Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 04:28 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josparkz View Post
I asked the dealer to wire in a set of manual control switches in my trailer. They thought I was kidding.

I'd guess it's only a matter of time before someone makes a kit, a panel with good 'ol manual switches to replace the BMPRO node and controller. Wouldn't be impossible to do, most of the control wires are at the node, but it may involve some relays if there are high loads on some circuits. It would definitely add to the rat's nest of wiring!
It would be nice to at least have a factory option of a BMPRO or a bank of switches.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:34 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki318 View Post
yes. it's a new late 2021 with all of the 2022 upgrades. we bought at Hershey. it was used as the model for a trade show in Indiana in October. it is actually in a Jayco YT video from that show. we did the sales paperwork on it in November. it then sat at the dealer's for 6 months while we waited for the new truck we ordered in September to tow it. besides the problems with BMPro, i spent over an hour on the phone with Insignia trying to get the not so smart TV to work. they are replacing it. also, the reason i was so anxious to get BT operating was the Whirlpool res fridge door kept opening in transit. the smarttemp sensor paired with jaycommand was keeping me updated on the temperature until the BT dropped. the flimsy velcro strap wasn't sufficient to secure the french doors. i wedged a piece of pool noodle behind the handles. no good. i finally figured out that when the shelves on the doors are loaded, the weight causes the door to gap on bumps. i will be looking for some kind of external latch to attach to the doors. i remember seeing other RV brands with them.
Yep. That TV is some piece of work. Low tech, tacky fridge door fix, ductape? Bungee cords on handles?
Old 07-04-2022, 05:40 PM   #53

Quote:
Yes, bought it on 6/11/2022 and have been into two shops and now need a third or one shop per week. Initial quality looks great, actually my Hideway trailer was better built than this one. All the trim has issues, floor has a dent, shades broken, trim peeling. A/C was broken, shower faucet leaked, shower leaks onto floor. Walls in shower are buckled, JBL system not working after one week. Had to reboot TV twice. From shower leak have to replace all the wood in basement.
Now Jayco Command no linger works, possibly from all the water that leaked into it with all the wires. Jayco said hair drier it out and it will be fine!! Now on vacation and whole trailer is dead due to Command not working. I cannot find ways to bypass it!
That really sucks. If stuff is on you can open the breaker or pull fuses. There are mechanical options on the slides, or most of them. Stuff not on? I don't know the work around for that. Unbelievable Jayco would field this stuff like that.
Old 01-14-2023, 08:43 AM   #54

BMpro Awning will not go out

Bmpro not working on awning will not go out but if I put it out manually Bmpro will bring it back in. Had camper repair company come out to look at it. They said they had 5 other Jayco 5th wheels with same issue. They contacted EMpro finally and they said they knew they had issue with it. They are trying to come up with a answer on it. Problem is they are in Australia and they have problems getting through to them. Has anyone came up with fix for this from Jayco?
Egodsey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 11:00 AM   #55

fix your frig opening while traveling with one of these

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Fridge...9?ref_=ast_bln

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 01:09 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
fix your frig opening while traveling with one of these

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Fridge...9?ref_=ast_bln

Love ours
Old 01-14-2023, 03:25 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Love ours
yes, have been really happy with mine also.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 08:06 AM   #58

BM Pro web page

Has anyone else had a problem logging into BMPro to get answers?
Kmeilleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:06 AM   #59

if you go thru the website, it will take a day, maybe 2 to get a reply to your email. I have also called and lucked out a few times and gotten someone to pick up the call instead of having to wait days for a callback.

email: support@bmpro.zendesk.com
phone/US: 574-322-4934 or 574-333-3579

good luck.