Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #1

Booked a campsite for this weekend. First trip....

First trip with our new Jay Feather x213, first trip with our new (to us) TV and first camping trip of the year.

Short trip up to Cultus Lake, BC but should be a fun test trip. Weather is supposed to be sunny and in the low 20's. Perfect.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulx213 View Post
First trip with our new Jay Feather x213, first trip with our new (to us) TV and first camping trip of the year.

Short trip up to Cultus Lake, BC but should be a fun test trip. Weather is supposed to be sunny and in the low 20's. Perfect.
Congrats on your new trailer, we would have loved to go camping this weekend.....but we take possession of our new house on Sat....it will be camp driveway since we are painting in and out. We are booked for Alice Lake at the end of May......but the way, love your choice on your TT.....
Old 05-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #3

Alice lake. Now there's a park I haven't been to in a while. Definitely have to add that one to the list for this summer.

Good luck on your new house, hope everything goes smooth.

I saw the inside pics of your trailer. Very nice, cool to see the same trailer but with a different colour interior and fabics.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Alice lake. Now there's a park I haven't been to in a while. Definitely have to add that one to the list for this summer.

Good luck on your new house, hope everything goes smooth.

I saw the inside pics of your trailer. Very nice, cool to see the same trailer but with a different colour interior and fabics.
Thank you for your comment, If you go to Alice lake, reserve.....July, Aug, Sept are tough to get in. We also are booked there for the Canada Day long weekend in the group site. We do most of camping at Alouette Lake on weekends. Our house purchase almost had a major hiccup....lawyers said we had to come up with $65,000....Jaw hit the floor....then they realized that they calculated wrong..after we got thru our shock....we got the house signed sealed and on Sat to be delivered. Congrats on your new trailer....we absolutely love ours and have been thru 2 major thunderstorm when we camped last year and it was great. If you need parts or service after warranty, see Al at Al's RV at 6165 Hwy 17 in Delta...he is one of our tenants. Really great guy and he is very knowledgeable. We got ours from Traveland last yr and since we are moving out there....they are only 10 minutes away.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #5

Ten years ago we sold out townhouse in Surrey and bought our dream home in White Rock (meaning it has a yard and a driveway). I thought I was clever and figured out that all the costs, fees, charges, down payment, etc would come out of my equity. Seems I missed a few (i.e. land transfer tax over $200K and fees for ending the old mortgage early) and I had to find $16K in about an hour. RRSPs took a beating but I did it. Don't think I'll move again until the kids gets married and move out.

And we got ours from Traveland too. Busy place, couldn't believe the number of deals they were signing the day we were there.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Ten years ago we sold out townhouse in Surrey and bought our dream home in White Rock (meaning it has a yard and a driveway). I thought I was clever and figured out that all the costs, fees, charges, down payment, etc would come out of my equity. Seems I missed a few (i.e. land transfer tax over $200K and fees for ending the old mortgage early) and I had to find $16K in about an hour. RRSPs took a beating but I did it. Don't think I'll move again until the kids gets married and move out.

And we got ours from Traveland too. Busy place, couldn't believe the number of deals they were signing the day we were there.
I hear you on that one, they did a lot of deals when we bought ours in Feb/12....took forever to get the paperwork done and go thru the delivery process and installing the WDH....it took us about 5 hours even with our appointment....but they gave me a great discount on the WDH to make up for it. Our kids are all grown up with my oldest daughter still living with us....we have one granddaughter and another due in June.....maybe I'll actually use the bunks for their intended purpose rather than for storage...lol. Our new property in Langley has RV parking so that will be cool too. Not easy to find a place that allows or has RV parking. I almost resigned myself to having to store it at a storage facility.