Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2020, 08:19 PM   #1

Brake Controller

Hello my brake controller some times wants to work or don't i get a OL drive down the road it will read the numbers again then back to OL down the road funny thing is when it works it shuts off my air conditioner fan when i stop then when i go the fan go's back on again i think it has something to do with the heater fan resistor i put in not to long ago on a 04 tahoe i don't think it my trailer it only 2 yrs old thank for the help
mikelouf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:00 PM   #2

Has it always done that or just started ?
Old 08-18-2020, 10:27 PM   #3

How was power supplied? Don’t tap into anything, run a designated wire to the battery and put an in line fuse but instead of a fuse use an auto reset circuit breaker. That way if there is a surge and the circuit breaker gets hot and trips, once it cools you’ll have the circuit again and brakes.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
How was power supplied? Don’t tap into anything, run a designated wire to the battery and put an in line fuse but instead of a fuse use an auto reset circuit breaker. That way if there is a surge and the circuit breaker gets hot and trips, once it cools you’ll have the circuit again and brakes.
X2. Dedicated power to the trailer from the battery. I use the circuit breaker type fuse, too.

Hope you find the problem! That is quite the safety issue.
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:57 PM   #5

thanks guys i am going to rewire it the 2004 tahoe came with the wires so i am thinking they have the main wire hood up to where my a/c fan wire goes it started when i change the fan resistor because the old one went bad before everything was working fine
mikelouf2 is offline   Reply With Quote