Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2018, 05:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
In my world the department of real estate could care less how busy we are.Enough consumer complaints they pull are license and we are out of business!No big dog for the RV industry, lots of sales tax for the cities and counties. There all happy except the consumer in some cases!
I doubt there is a "limited" number of licensed/ qualified agents. The RV dealers can't get qualified repair people.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:46 PM   #22

I didn't like the yield on the shower floor of my Greyhawk, so I went under and added support. In my rig you can access it at the bottom through a panel and also unscrew a heater vent, and add supports through there. Under the plastic there is about an inch of styrofoam, and then some thin wood shims under that, then a 2 x 3 wood upright support. I added a few more 2x3 supports each about 4 inches high and upright and glued in place. It's a lot better now, but I'm still not totally pleased. One thing to know is the lip edge of the pan is not very high. We we're off level a bit and some water weeped onto the floor. Another thing is it's hard to work through the access points due to water lines, furnace ducts in there.
Here's another thread on the issue
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post546326
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:32 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I doubt there is a "limited" number of licensed/ qualified agents. The RV dealers can't get qualified repair people.
Unfortunately that's the case..... for the RE agent part.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
So true on the news today unemployed was like 3.9% doesn't help!Manufacturers could care less once sold out of sight out of mind!
Attached Thumbnails
RV Tech.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #25

Quote:
So true on the news today unemployed was like 3.9% doesn't help!Manufacturers could care less once sold out of sight out of mind!
Like real estate people don't care once you purchase your home? Because sales of RV's are at all time high, your going to see more issues...1% of 20,000 units is a lot less than 1% of 500,000 units. Overall people seem to be happy with their units. If they didn't care, they would lower the warranty to one year vs two years.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:39 PM   #26

I've used drywall joint compound under bases like that before setting them. Forms and sets to the proper shape
Don Lumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:10 PM   #27

Quote:
And your friends at Little Dealer Little Prices are being recognized as one of the top 50 dealers for 2018.

To quote why:

"Many dealers continue to refine the quality of their operations, place even more emphasis on customer service and sharpen their focus on technician effectiveness. It’s pretty impressive how tenacious and creative some RV dealer applicants can be.”
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:53 AM   #28

It finally happened. It is being repaired under warranty. This problem started in September and will be repaired this week. WE basically did all the work. Numerous phone calls and e-mails to Jayco. WE found the repair facility. WE had to stay on top of Jayco to get the parts. Also, WE initiated almost all correspondence. WE had to stay on top of Jayco. I am glad my wife is relentless!

Do you think the drain hole was big enough?! Do you think this contributed to the failure?!
Attached Thumbnails
20181204_114055_resized.jpg   20181204_114105_resized.jpg  
Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:59 AM   #29

Had my Odyssey in to fix a leak next to the bathroom sink, and asked the service guy to check the shower floor as it felt soft to me. They came back and advised that there was no bracing near the drain. Jayco authorized to fix this situation. Apparently this is something that needs to be incorporated into a quality review during the assembly build.
GABob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:17 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lumber View Post
I've used drywall joint compound under bases like that before setting them. Forms and sets to the proper shape

Drying hard, this may not be the best product to use under a shower, which will always flex. We used a high density spray foam, which also provides support but will allow for some flex. Not the spray foam you use to seal windows etc, but a higher density, which comes in a similar can to the window and crack foam.

As far as Little Dealer here in Phoenix, all my dealings with them (several times) they were excellent to deal with and I did not purchase my unit from them.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:36 AM   #31

I haven't had a crack around the drain but in my prior trailer (not a Jayco) the shower drain pipe that attaches to the drain fitting broke and we got tons of water into the underbelly. We didn't notice it at first because a lot of the water was absorbed by the insulation. Finally the insulation became saturated, the underbelly bulged and the water started to flow from an opening in the underbelly where a pipe ran through.

We were in a similar situation where the closest authorized dealer was three hours way and the manufacturer allowed a local repair place (20 minutes away) to do the work under warranty once the issues were documented, approved and a price was agreed upon (no money out of pocket).

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote