Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2021, 12:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge6 View Post
Guess got to call jayco directly, dealer said they sent the pictures to Jayco and they said it’s normal , that sometimes you can see seams that mine is just more noticeable, dealer looked at directly and said it’s weird how it’s like that, but to keep an eye on it
I would highly recommend contacting Jayco Directly. My 32RL has been in the shop for some issues, and the dealer kept telling me that they were waiting on a response from Jayco. According to Mr. Bishop at Jayco, they had no claims from the dealer at Jayco on my unit. They looked into the dealer, and reached out, and they told Jayco that they ususally do not send in claims until they are done. I was told that Jayco reached out to the owner of the dealership, and was told about my unit. The owner found out that most of the items had not been even ordered, and he let the manager go. Now, a new person is being trained, and they assured me that my rig will be done this week (We shall see). My point is, that dealers seems to be in the business to just get you off of the phone, and really are not even calling Jayco. The people at Jayco are very kind, and they do not want people to have problems. Just my 2 cents..
Spaceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 01:29 PM   #22

If you want to fast forward - contact Jayco direct.

https://www.jayco.com/contact-towable-service/

Keep meticulous records of all contact with dealer and Jayco. You will need it if this complaint goes south.

Your issue is poor workmanship or inferior materials.

Best of luck.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 01:56 PM   #23

Will be sending that today thanks
Serge6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 03:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Hi everyone
Have a 2020 eagle ht 29.5 bhds, bought brand new last year, this last trip we took, noticed a bulge just below the window, took it to dealer where is was bought and service guy said it’s normal to see seams coming through, but after telling him that I have owned a few fifth wheels and never seen that happen, he took some pictures and said he would send it to Jayco, just wondering anyone ever have this happen? You can feel the bump
We have a 2012 greyhawk 31fk, going down both sides of our coach, you can see the ripple effect. Not quite as bad as yours, every 2’ or so slight ripple. Like the siding is rubbing on the frame and eventually it will rub thru. Jayco won’t do a thing, they said, “it’s normal”. I imagine if everyone was to look sideways down their coaches, everyone would see this. Bad manufacturing? Who knows but I’m guessing Jayco would have to recall every unit. They use a thin coating, they don’t want to add any weight?.. or they are saving money?… You don’t think it would be a nice, thick, coating? So much for pride in workmanship…….
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 03:29 PM   #25

If there is a bulge in the fibreglass it could be delamination.This is the fibreglass coming away from the backing usually as a result of a water leak. I can't really tell from the pictures. If so, it is a very serious issue and Jayco warranty may not cover it. Check all caulking for possible water leak. Go to a reputable repair shop for an honest assessment.
Canuck 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 03:35 PM   #26

Dealer look inside for signs of water leak and so did I, and nothing there
Old 10-06-2021, 06:03 PM   #27

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by msherw View Post

Your issue is poor workmanship or inferior materials.
In my opinion, both. My 2020 285RSTS has slight bulges & ripples showing on both sidewalls. Nothing awful but noticeable. I would imagine it gets worse over time from the coach being twisted & bounced around on the road. My coach is blocked & strapped down until she gets replaced but I’d be concerned if I were towing her around with this issue.
conocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 01:04 PM   #28

You guys where right called Jayco directly and they said wall needs to be replaced, now just waiting if it’s going back to factory to get it done or dealer is going to do it
Old 10-08-2021, 02:19 PM   #29

Ugh! Sorry to hear it but at least youll be good as new. Best of luck!
conocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:36 PM   #30

Quote:
You guys where right called Jayco directly and they said wall needs to be replaced, now just waiting if it’s going back to factory to get it done or dealer is going to do it

Glad to hear that you got a response from Jayco. Sounds like a pickle to me though.

Judging by the dealer's initial response to your problem, I'd be a little concerned about their commitment to completing the repairs properly.

Quick query of Google maps shows a 28 hour (1750+ miles) drive from Edmonton, AB to Middlebury, IN; and that's not hauling the RV.

Please keep us up to date on you progress.
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote