Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 12:16 PM   #21

Check to see if your State has a Lemon Law that may apply.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Dan View Post
Jayco and / or the dealer may come through for you by asking but I don't think so.
nice
Old 04-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #23

I hear ya but you need to get beyond that; it doesn’t do you or your health good to chew on the disappointment. You have a fixed trailer. Test it out to confirm, then start planning your trips for when we’re able to hit the road again.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:26 PM   #24

It's too late to help you now unless they didn't fix it correctly but might help someone else.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:41 PM   #25

Lemon Law? Might want to talk to an attorney? I would be humming a few tunes on that one as well.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:43 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
IF it's fixed...look forward to the 2020 season!

If we get a 2020 camping season. Hearing it might be over before it gets started.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:43 PM   #27

I don't know about Wisconson, however in Texas, the state's lemon laws do cover RV's. The gotcha to it here is that it has to be in for the same repair twice within the first year. So, in your case, if it had to got back for the same repair again then you would have that to go by. I had to go through this process for my 2nd RV I bought (not made by Jayco). Even with that protection, it's a very arduous process and not for the faint of heart. You've got to be willing to make a lot of noice and not care if you tick people off in the process.

In my case, the dealer and manufacturer both tried telling me I didn't want to go that route because it was time consuming and still could get denied. Course, in my case, what they didn't know was I had already talked with the RV rep in the Texas DOT and the Texas Attorney General, both of whom had stated I had an extremely strong case. So, I responded to them with the question of are you guys willing to risk being stuck with a unit that has a Lemon Title or do you want to exhange it. With mine, they bought it back without the Lemon Law process as they knew it'd be easier to get rid of. But, again, it's not a process for everyone.

If they've fixed it correctly, be thankful it's fixed and get on with enjoying what you have. As others have said, if it bugs you that much, selling it and getting a different unit may be better for you. Just know, it's still possible you could wind up with the same or different problem and have to do the same thing again. It's definitely wise to pick which battles you fight. (And I'm not saying I wouldn't be pissed either. I would be.)

Tim
Old 04-04-2020, 12:49 PM   #28

I notice you are from Green Bay in Wisconsin I presume. As a former auditor I would contact your state’s Business and Consumer Affaires Office plus the Attorney General’s Office and explain your situation. They may want it in written form too.
Depending on your state you may have a lemon law in effect with a time period and a number of times it needs to be in for repairs. I’d take it in once more for another repair of similar nature and claim lemon law following talks with the state. Good luck.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:56 PM   #29

I agree with most of what has been said so far. However, since you lost 6 plus months of time and memories, I’d talk to the Dealership and JAYCO about extending the warranty. especially on the repairs they made. I’d start with a request for a full extended warranty on everything for an additional 2 years. This will give you both some haggling room to save face. They say 1 year but only on the repairs they did, you say no, 2 years on those repairs and an additional 1 year on everything else. They say no only 6 months, you say 1 year for my troubles. If everything is repaired and good quality the warranty won’t cost you anything. See where I’m going with this…?
Old 04-04-2020, 12:57 PM   #30

Lemon Law recourse

I read an article recently about a case similar to yours in the state of Illinois. The buyer hired a lawyer and demanded a full refund plus damages from the RV Dealer and WON. You should look into this as it is now set a precedent for buyers to sue dealers for selling a defective product. I’m not a lawyer so I can’t tell you what to do but at least wanted to share this with you. Best of luck!
Old 04-04-2020, 01:05 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
X-2

I agree and as much as i don't like em sounds like lawyer time. I wouldn't want back there is no telling what damage you didn't see.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:07 PM   #32

Lemon Aide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovecamping200 View Post
I bought a camper this summer. Brand new 2019 Jayco. I got it home and when I went to furnish it with sheets, blankets, dishes and such I pulled the extended the bump out to put some fresh linen on only to find a terrible amount of warping, a ruined the new mattress and a water logged mess! Upon further inspection we found a warped spot under the the right side window and tape peeling off the roof. Purchased it in June and didn’t get to take it out once! They had to send it back to Indiana and we didn’t get it back til late December/ beginning of January. Do I have a leg to stand on if I want to return it? I purchase new so I don’t have to deal with these problems and my entire 2019 camping season was ruined!

I had a 2019 RAM 1500 re-acquired by FCA LLC US in January. I didn't even have to hire a lawyer, just submitted a claim to Texas DMV October 1, they called me to assess if I had a valid claim, and presented it to FCA within a week. FCA notified me they were going to process the lemon law claim on December 19, I got ABSOLUTELY everything I had in the truck back, on January 23 and the note paid off on January 28. Hopeful this link helps, as it reads pretty close to what Texas Lemon Law does.

https://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/d...onlawafter.pdf
Old 04-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #33

Sorry to hear of your headache. I went through same thing as you, but was lucky that my dealership's service manager was great to deal with! 19 issues in 2.5 months from water leaks under sink to faulty installation of flooring to faulty rear back window, that had to be completely replaced to a front cap that was damaged from someone from dealership? Lucky I had photos of when I bought it, and lucky my iPhone dates and list where photo was taken! Dealer was busted! But... someone tried to cover up the damages with new stipe tape? Really? Anyway, it spent a good part of winter in the shop, repaired properly and I asked to see the new front fibreglass cap. They wanted to repair, it and I said no! It was replaced at a $5000-$6000 repair. On top of it I spent $150,000 of my retirement money on a new 5th wheel and new Ram 3500 diesel. 2 months later I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and was dealing with a damaged unit. Took 7 months to get some relief, knowing it might be fixed properly. And Simmons mattress had to be replaced- memory foam was junk! But Jayco did send me a cheque and I replaced it with a good quality unit. The auto level did not work, trims were falling off, pantry door had a 3/8" gap a bottom of door. Was a real nightmare! Hope you get lucky and have your dealership come forward and Jayco set up to plate and fix it properly. I posted a nasty Google review on my RV dealership that cost them major losses due to bad publicity! But they did take responsibility and so far after 2 years no water leaks! I really disappointed to read Forums and hear that RV builders, mostly owned by Thor Industries has not realized that quality workmanship is priority in their product. Still looking at a Grand Design 310 GK to replace the Jayco, but $20,000 more.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #34

Just a heads up. Everybody who is talking "ATTORNEY" seems to forget that is a NO NO on JOF....
Old 04-04-2020, 02:10 PM   #35
TLC

Quote:
Just a heads up. Everybody who is talking "ATTORNEY" seems to forget that is a NO NO on JOF....
Does that fall under libelous statements in the Rules?
Curious.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:27 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
Does that fall under libelous statements in the Rules?
Curious.
I doubt Libelous, but the mods have warned us (the members) numerous times about "legal advice".
Old 04-04-2020, 02:36 PM   #37
TLC

Quote:
I doubt Libelous, but the mods have warned us (the members) numerous times about "legal advice".
Yes the libelous word was the only one nearing the lawyer arena.
I was just curious. Thanks
Old 04-04-2020, 03:26 PM   #38
RGL

I would ask for the warranty to be extended the amount of time you did not have it.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:14 PM   #39

Wow, We just purchased a new 2020 fully loaded upgraded Jayco 29RKS. It was delivered in October and the dealer has stored it since then. We did get the walk through but the weather was fine then. We will be picking it up later this month. I've seen many posts about poor workmanship or major defects that has got me very concerned that we made the wrong decision. However, other manufacturers seem to have similar problems. I can guarantee that if we have those kind of problems and get the run around it will be a quick trip to a lawyer and a law suit.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:38 PM   #40

Angry 2019 Jayco Issues

I did not have the issue you did but I found very poor quality control and Jayco not willing to ship parts direct to me even though I gave them pictures and supporting documentation. I thought that with a 2 Year warranty that it would be a better build...but I was very wrong. It will take 2 years just for find all of the defects. Here are some: warped screen door, tank heater pad falling off, side access door bent, interior wood framing cracked under both kitchen seats, heat duct to bath not connected, bath wall cabinet fell off wall in transit. Last but not least we just got it opened up for Spring and bed slide does not work...
Closed Thread