Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2021, 12:19 PM   #21

I also had a great experience with CW, courteous, I got a great price on a new Eagle. Unit went thru PDI and I found nothing that needed fixing (buit in 2019,delivered 2020)
Old 09-18-2021, 12:27 PM   #22
Site Team

It is indeed good to hear about the good ones out there. We traded our '96 Wilderness in '06 for a pop up at the dealer in Syracuse that eventually became a CW. There were to be a few things taken care of before we picked it up. New battery to replace the dead one, inside cleaned, and the furnace wouldn't do anything. Nothing was done when we arrived, so while we waited for them to put a new battery on it, I found the spare was flat. Seems the hole in the wheel where the valve stem is suppose to be had let all the air out. More waiting for the tire guy.

We didn't want to wait for the rest of it to be tended to, so we took it home, and we cleaned it ourselves. Turns out the wires from the furnace to the thermostat were underneath, and dangling, so they must've gotten caught on something and ripped apart. A few minutes with connectors and heat shrink tubing, and that was fixed. It wasn't long after we saw the CW signs go up.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 01:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacjayco View Post
I know a lot of you have had some issues with CW, but I wanted to post recent activity with my local store here in SC.

We shopped CW when we started searching for our new trailer. They were not even close to the price we got when we purchased our 212qb in PA.

When we needed the inevitable warranty work, our local CW took care of all of the repairs, no questions asked.

The service department scheduled the appointment, made a list of repairs, ordered the parts and completed all of the work to our complete satisfaction. The staff there kept us fully informed each step of the way and completed the work on time.

Just wanted to give them a thanks for a job well done.
You are so LUCKY to be an outlier!
Michael Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 02:28 PM   #24

I purchased my Jayco at the RV show in Dallas with CW Mesquite being the dealer in 2019. Once they got rid of Voldemort, I can state that the new Service Manager, rocks. She and the technician took great care of all of my warranty issues. Even went to bat for me when a warranty issue could not be addressed before my warranty ran out due COVID shutting down the service department and winter storm hitting in the last month of warranty. Can't say enough good about the ability of their new Service Manager.

I will also agree that all CW's are not as good as mine.
Old 09-18-2021, 03:14 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to Fleetman Send a message via MSN to Fleetman
What location in SC?

QUOTE=Jacjayco;997689]I know a lot of you have had some issues with CW, but I wanted to recent activity with my local store here in SC.

We shopped CW when we started searching for our new trailer. They were not even close to the price we got when we purchased our 212qb in PA.

When we needed the inevitable warranty work, our local CW took care of all of the repairs, no questions asked.

The service department scheduled the appointment, made a list of repairs, ordered the parts and completed all of the work to our complete satisfaction. The staff there kept us fully informed each step of the way and completed the work on time.

Just wanted to give them a thanks for a job well done.[/QUOTE]
Fleetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 03:25 PM   #26

I started my conversation with my local CW with "we just moved here and are looking for a local dealer to do work on our Alante". I've always had a pretty good experience with them.
Yamaha XT250
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 03:39 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to Fleetman Send a message via MSN to Fleetman
Quote:
Originally Posted by berwin View Post
I started my conversation with my local CW with "we just moved here and are looking for a local dealer to do work on our Alante". I've always had a pretty good experience with them.
Apparently I'm missing something here. What CW on SC? On my phone it looks like you're in VA.
Fleetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 04:00 PM   #28

A little over a year ago, we were on vacation in South Dakota. We stopped in CW in Rapid City to look for a screen house. We walked in, wandered around the showroom store for at least 20 minutes. No one greeted us when we came in, no one came to ask if we needed anything, when we finally went and found a sales person and ask, they acted as if we were imposing on them for being there. Fast forward about 10 days. We were on our way home and staying at Hill AFB Famcamp near Ogden Utah. We found that we needed an adjustable water pressure regulator in that campground. Only place we could find one was at CW in Kaysville UT. Reluctantly, we go in. We were immediately greeted by a receptionist. we told them why we were there and what we wanted. She gave us directions to the parts counter and when we got there, another young lady asked if I was Ray and was there to pick up the pressure regulator. I said yes, but we want to look around a bit. My wife and I picked up a few more things we wanted, checked out and headed out to the truck and I said this place is a Jayco dealer, lets see if they have the model we're interested in for when we trade ours in in a year or so. We talked to a salesman who checked his inventory sheets and said no, I'm sorry we don't have that particular model in stock, but I do have a similar floorplan in a different brand. I thanked his and turned to leave. My wife pipes up and said if you want him to look at it, you have to ask, he doesn't take hints very well. We both turned and stared at her for a second and he asked me do you want to go look at it? Sure why not. 2 hours later we were talking trade in and deal when he told me he had the financing approved and asked what would it take to get me to trade in right now. I said 3 things. 1) I want a propane quick connect on the side. No problem, and no charge. 2) I want a Fantastic Fan in the bathroom. We have to charge you for the fan, but again np problem and no charge for the install. 3) I gotta have it by tomorrow. WHAT? WHY? This is Thursday, I'm heading for home 530 AM Saturday morning. I don't care if I'm towing my Jayco or this Cougar. He said gimme a minute. Walked off and came back 5 minutes or so later, and said, the Service guys are pissed off at me, but be here tomorrow at 3PM with your trailer and we'll swap everything over. Handed me a roll of blue tape and said go back out and everything you see that needs to be addressed, put a piece of tape on it and we'll fix it. Got there the next day and I said oh BTW, I want a back up camera installed as well. Trailer was prewired for it. No problem. By 6pm we had everything switched over and we were towing a brand new Cougar back to Hill AFB. We've had a few issues with it so far including one recall for the off the gird electrical system and I took it to CW in Reno NV as that is the closest location. They have been wonderful as well for warranty service. It's going in again in the beginning of Oct to get the last few warranty items cleared. Since it has been over a year of ownership, the dealer told me since I made the warranty issues known prior to the year being up it is covered, but suggested I contact Keystone and keep them in the loop. Keystone was very understanding about why I was bringing it in after the warranty period and agreed to note the file on my VIN to insure all warranty service will be covered. I delayed the warranty appointment due to the Dixie fire being so close to my home. If we needed to evacuate, I had the trailer packed, full of water, all our important papers, firearms, personal belongings were ready to roll.
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 04:10 PM   #29

I go to Camping World in Kingston, NY for all of my work and even though I did not buy my Jayco SLX7 195B from them, they've been good with maintenance.

I find also being a member of Good Sam helps... discounted prices.

Of all the things Camping World .. Good Sam ... has been one of my best purchases
AllysonG-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 04:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetman View Post
Apparently I'm missing something here. What CW on SC? On my phone it looks like you're in VA.
Yes, we are now living in Norfolk, VA
Yamaha XT250
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 05:08 PM   #31

I have been one of CW's biggest critics over the years, but recently decided to give them another chance. I was so surprised to get a quick appointment for the premium inspection service. The drop-off went quickly and very smoothly, as did the pick up. I even asked to speak to the general manager to let him know that everything went great. Color me shocked and impressed.
marciaandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 08:17 PM   #32

I’m going to 2nd your experience. We went to a local Camping World in Woodstock Ga. and was blown away by the RV sales experience we had. Never in my life thought I would buy anything ever from them. They were absolutely amazing in all aspects. From the salesperson to the finance department to the warrant Dept to the service and parts Dept. What a great experience. And they gave me more than $3000.00 from my payoff of my 2 year old trade. Plus got me at a less finance rate than my trade. Even reinstalled my washer Dryer and backup camera at no additional cost. And discounted my new 2021 Keystone tremendously. I’m a firm believer that Camping World is changed. Now I can only expl my experience at this particular dealership. But if you check out all their reviews at this dealer they are all rated high. Thanks again
JimM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 07:20 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacjayco View Post
I know a lot of you have had some issues with CW, but I wanted to post recent activity with my local store here in SC.

Just wanted to give them a thanks for a job well done.
A few years ago our trailer brakes failed while crossing the great plains. With care we can quite easily get along without them on level ground, but we would need them for traveling I-70 to Utah. When we got to our camp in Loveland, Colorado I called Jayco for advice. They told me to call CW in Longmont. I described our predicament to the service rep at CW and he told me to get to their repair shop first thing in the morning. We were there when they opened and in less than two hours were on our way with a reattached brake wire and no charge. Years later it's still working. Very good and friendly service from that CW!
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 07:38 AM   #34

For those of you that asked, my experience was at the Columbia, SC location.
Jacjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:57 AM   #35

I keep hearing people with issues with CW. I never had a problem. Belleville Michigan and Golden Colorado were terrific when we had an issue. So it must places in the big cities? Who knows. All I know is I am CW lover.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:34 PM   #36

Bought my 29mv at camping world in fountain Co. Cheaper than anyone In the area. Pushy with the extras, but I fought most of them off. Never needed any warranty work, so I can't say much about that. Pretty satisfied with the deal, campers been a lot of fun
Steve1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 02:34 PM   #37

Gee, after reading all of the positives, one could assume that Camping World woke up and decided they weren't well liked? Maybe Marcus Lemonis (CW CEO) has his staff making things better?

Would be a good thing, IMHO!

Now, if only RV salespaeople were attached to a lie detector as they were selling...

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:32 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
Gee, after reading all of the positives, one could assume that Camping World woke up and decided they weren't well liked? Maybe Marcus Lemonis (CW CEO) has his staff making things better?

Would be a good thing, IMHO!

Now, if only RV salespaeople were attached to a lie detector as they were selling...

Murff
Ha! That's an idea! Especially with the line, "Oh, sure, you can easily tow that with..."
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote