Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2023, 01:06 PM   #21
Site Team

Be sure and buy all the crow bars in the world because any hatch lock can be opened with one!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 01:11 PM   #22

Sorry for your loss but sounds like an “inside job” to me!

I once went to a local Carwash in florida they had a similar sign outside. Everyone working there looked like a perp! I took everything out got the car washed never went back there again! Believe me, I know what a perp looks like, I locked up plenty of them!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 01:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Be sure and buy all the crow bars in the world because any hatch lock can be opened with one!
True. These hatches are easily opened with a large screwdriver. I have no good answer for making them secure.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 01:21 PM   #24

A few years back we needed brake service and Jayco sent us to Loveland CW. They treated us very well, were quick with a warrantied repair and we were on our way.

However, I trust no one; my years in the navy, law enforcement, and dealing with the public taught me that. And documentation just might be helpful in some cases.

For outside service like bearings I take photos all around when I drop my trailer off. If service needs to be inside, I either remove items or lock them in a secure box with a padlock. For access workers absolutely don't need, like cupboards or drawers, I apply simple hidden break away seals and take photos throughout. It's a pain, but so are some RV service workers.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 01:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Unless I am mistaken, they are the old RV1, changing name. We were just in Florida and saw the new name on the large dealership along I-4 near Tampa
They have over 100 locations across the country. MHSRV is one of them.
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 01:56 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper906 View Post
True. These hatches are easily opened with a large screwdriver. I have no good answer for making them secure.
When I changed my hatch locks, to the barrel key type, I had extra, so I put 2 on my outdoor kitchen, 2 on my generator hatch and 2 on my large storage hatch. Made them much harder to pry open.

I can’t believe they only put one lock on these huge hatches, you didn’t even new a screwdriver, you could’ve just used your hand!
Old 01-25-2023, 02:23 PM   #27

Camping World just bought the RV dealership where we bought our Hummingbird, Richardson’s RV Center, has been acquired by Camping World Holdings, Inc. The agreement encompasses Richardson’s eight locations in California and Indiana including five current locations, one future location and two parts and service centers. I found out because all of a sudden we're getting Emails from them and I was marking them as Spam and then I received a phone call from asking if everything was ok.
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4X4 5.7 Hemi.
2019 Jayco Hummingbird 16 MRB
DennisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:23 PM   #28

After being screwed 2 times by Camping World, I decided to not give them a 3rd chance. I have not been in their store in 7 years and don’t plan to ever enter it again.
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgelyhome View Post
After being screwed 2 times by Camping World, I decided to not give them a 3rd chance. I have not been in their store in 7 years and don’t plan to ever enter it again.
I say use them and abuse them, buy stuff heavily discounted, with coupons and or on sale. That’s what we do.

Also out of desperation, I had a transfer switch melt on me while on the road full timing, they were the only game in town!
Old 01-25-2023, 11:05 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH View Post
Longmont, CO location
Nothing helpful to add, except to say "Hello and sorry, neighbor." We're in Lafayette/Erie too.

Tags
camping world, service, theft