Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2019, 03:11 PM   #1

Can someone identify this bulb

Well as the title says, can someone identify this bulb? It goes in a small light over my dinette. Its not the typical "camper" lights like you find in the ceiling. It more like a under cabinet style residential light. There are two of these above the table and neither bulb has anything written on it. I would think I could find it somewhere other than a camping supply or dealership but have not thus far.
Attached Thumbnails
light bulb.JPG  
gpeade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpeade View Post
Well as the title says, can someone identify this bulb? It goes in a small light over my dinette. Its not the typical "camper" lights like you find in the ceiling. It more like a under cabinet style residential light. There are two of these above the table and neither bulb has anything written on it. I would think I could find it somewhere other than a camping supply or dealership but have not thus far.
All I can say that it appears to be a bi-pin halogen and there are all different types, size of the pins, distance between the pins, etc. If you have a Radio Shack or something comparable near you bring it into them, they will be able to identify it rather quickly.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:34 PM   #3

They are G8 bulbs, I was able to replace mine with G4 led bulbs on amazon
Rmgrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:41 PM   #4

You might want to take the opportunity to go with an LED replacement:

https://www.amazon.com/Feit-G8-LED-R...ateway&sr=8-38

2017 Jay Flight 32BHDS
2006 GMC 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 6.6L Duramax/Allison
Vasquez Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpeade View Post

Looks a LOT like the small halogen bulb I had to replace on the bottom of my microwave oven. You turn this on to light up the top of your stove. Take the one you have, head to the local hardware store (Lowe's or Home Depot) and compare it with those appliance light bulbs. I bet it's under $10.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:30 PM   #6
Site Team

Mine came with that bulb. It’s a 12v G4. I replaced all of mine to LEDs. The oe Halogen bulbs were pretty hot and used lot more current (battery life) than the LEDs. I bought enough to replace them all in my overhead lights.
If you want to replace it they can be purchased in most any big box store in the landscape lighting. They come in different wattages. All G4.
Attached Thumbnails
22218C93-6011-4BBE-93C5-2D991EFF7DC2.jpg   04B934F9-E864-4F28-A358-0080DC1A85E1.jpg  
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:15 PM   #7

I had 2 sizes in my 5th, I recall they were 10w and 20w and I think both were G4 bases. Like Magnolia I replaced them with LED’s just like the one he pic’d. I found replacements that matched the brightness pretty well and had a good color on eBay. My notes say the 10w bulbs were 160 lumens, I don’t have notes on the brighter ones but I googled just now and found 350 lumens. I prefer a color around 3000K which seems pretty close to the halogen bulbs (not too picky, just don’t like the blueish ones).

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote