Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
WOW!! Looking at what you have to go through to cross our northern borders...

If only our government could secure our southern borders, just imagine.....
Sort of makes you wonder!! Think the difference is that most folks at the Northern border are in good health and have $$'s in their wallets. Getting political here so I'll leave it there.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #12

Agreed. I hope it gets figured out fairly soon, in the meantime we enjoy the great camping on both sides of that 49nt.

SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
WOW!! Looking at what you have to go through to cross our northern borders...

If only our government could secure our southern borders, just imagine.....
I would imagine your southern border has vastly more security then the northern border. Aside from the border crossing on the major roads there's is really endless miles of nothing. No fences, no guards, nothing except the occasion camera on a pole.

What people are talking about isn't security it's mostly pointless bureaucracy. We face the same thing from the US border guards when we enter the states. A bizarre collection of rules and questions they may or may not ask.

I like the European system better where the border is just a sign and maybe a building you stop at if you have any questions.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #14

I travel a bit for work and mostly fly, and you will need a passport for anyone 16 and over, my daughter is 10 and she has one just so we can travel easier. There are food restrictions I believe on both directions across the border, as far as alcohol if it is for your own consumption, coming to Canada is no problem.Hope this helps KiltDog and welcome to our great nation we call C eh N eh D eh.They might wonder why you are bringing a TT for one day.
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulx213 View Post
I would imagine your southern border has vastly more security then the northern border. Aside from the border crossing on the major roads there's is really endless miles of nothing. No fences, no guards, nothing except the occasion camera on a pole.

What people are talking about isn't security it's mostly pointless bureaucracy. We face the same thing from the US border guards when we enter the states. A bizarre collection of rules and questions they may or may not ask.

I like the European system better where the border is just a sign and maybe a building you stop at if you have any questions.
I dare say however, you don't have the illegal immigration problems we do though....
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #16

Most Canadians are happy here and most Americans are happy there so not a lot of illegal immigrants.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #17

[I][We in the lower 48 seem to welcome our northern friends with open arms /I]

Boy! How I wish that were true! Both our gov'ts have seemed to gone a bit overboard with rules with regard to entry.
kjohn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #18

Living in Michigan all my life, I've been to Canada dozens of times! We love Canada! The people of Canada are wonderful and very welcoming and willing to share their country and culture with us Americans! We even honeymooned in Montreal in hopes of seeing a hockey game at The Forum, but they were out of town when we were there. But we walked over to The Forum just to see it & take a few pictures. One of the security guys offered to take a picture of my wife & I together & struck up a conversation with us. He ended up letting us in the empty building for about a half hour to look around a bit & take some pictures! It was awesome for a couple of hockey nuts like us. Montreal has always been my #2 team just behind my beloved Detroit Red Wings. so this was very special for us. But we have numerous stories about the grand, generous hospitality of our Canadian neighbors! They're great people and, yes, they make some of the best beer on the planet, eh?

2013 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
RDUBYA448 is offline   Reply With Quote