Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2021, 06:54 PM   #1

Cheap tpms units

has anyone tried a cheap unit? $30,40 ones? I want something to check pressure before I leave and its hard to get down and check each tire everytime. Be nice if it worked while driving as well but, mainly for pre trip. Reading descriptions, it sounds like you have to be moving to transmit tho .
Jeffp60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:04 PM   #2

Yes, I purchased the six tire monitor on Ebay for about $50 and it works fine on my Class C. It has a small solar cell on the top but it doesn't keep the internal battery charged at all. It plugs into a USB for power. My only advice is if you think you'll ever get a towd vehicle go ahead and buy one to monitor that many tires.
Joey55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:56 PM   #3

Thanks Joey, I got a octane 222. Reading about tires ,exploding,, and fires had me concerned. Then read that most don't seem very accurate anyway. Guy at rv place was like he, dont be that concerned about it,just check once in a while. I just don't want to bend down to check 4 tires when I move again.
Jeffp60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 03:58 PM   #4

I got my 2020 Greyhawk Prestige 30XP last July and ordered a $120.00, 6 sensor unit from Amazon, by Q-Btech. Didn't know if it would work well or not but I was very pleased with it. Has solar or USB which I never used as solar always kept it charged. I then started towing my 2018 GMC Acadia and needed a 4 sensor one for that. Bought another Q-Btech for about $30.00. Didn't know if it would receive a signal from behind my motorhome but so far so good. Never lose signal and works great. Only problem is having 2 monitors but not a big deal to me for the price.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote