Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #21

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coleman Quick Connect #2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	9747Click image for larger version

Name:	Coleman Road trip Quick connect.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	9748Okay so life finally got out of way enough to get these much desired photos up. BTW the propane tank conversion shown above does not work as the pressure is double regulated and severely lowers your BTU's on the grill. I did that first and the flame is almost non existent.

I am sorry that I cannot confirm the thread size, but that is easy enough to do. First buy your hose with 1/4 NPT fitting for gas on the end and then a male threaded end on the other. Don't go over 12ft here as the propane flow will be too low. Once you have the hose take it and the regulator to the HW store for fittings. You will need a union first out of the gate and that is what you see flush with the red casing. From there you need to build out and reduce as you go to fit your hose fitting threads. There must be minimum of 1/2" between the union and your new hose in order for the gas to flow as there is a problem with the two hoses meeting up on the pipe right out of the grill if memory serves me correct. It's been 4 years since I did this mod.
Sorry it took so long.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #22

Thanks for the pics 3'senough! I'm still wanting to do this, so your reply is greatly appreciated.

Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Designer 35RLTS and
2002 Dodge Ram Dually, Cummins Diesel
JaybirdDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:37 AM   #23

Here is the youtube video for how to make the coleman lxe connection to an rv low pressure quick connect:
http://youtu.be/cq9yZ6y-H2s

And Here are some links for the parts needed:
Tejas smokers: they are familiar with this modification. When I talked to the rep on the phone, he asked if I had seen the youtube video, as he said several people have ordered these fittings to convert their coleman. parts 120ba (1/8 to 1/4 adapter) and x115b (1/4 elbow)
http://www.tejassmokers.com/products/brassfittings.htm
Amazon: quick connect male fitting
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-59903-Pr...gy_auto_text_y
Amazon quick connect 10 foot hose: http://www.amazon.com/Camco-57282-Pr...t+propane+hose
And that should do it! Good luck.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #24

I also have the COLEMAN ROADTRIP setup with my trailer and really like it. I thought about doing what you want to do but in the end just kept the small out of sight propane canisters. I have two additional uses for the 1lb canisters so it is not a big deal having to bring them along... Having the ilb canisteers aboard has saved me several times on the PLAN B side of things...

The COLEMAN grill works great with the 1lb canister - no complaints on the cooking ability of the grill at all... I love having all the different cooking tops available for the Coleman... It all packs up in its easy to move around carry case with wheels.

I havent really took a head count but the 1lb canister seems to go along way when cooking... Many cooking events per canister. I usually have at least four canisters on hand at all times. I get the two pack from WALMART/LOWES when I need to restock...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #25
Lost in the Woods

I bought the Camco 57305 Olympian 5500 Stainless Steel Portable Grill from Amazon which is specifically designed to hook up to the low pressure gas outlet on RVs. I also bought the 10' hose as the the hose that come with the Camco grill is too short for most purposes.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote