Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2021, 11:24 AM   #1

Condensation in 29REKS bedroom

Hello,

I have the summit edition with the glacier package and when it gets to the single digits for temp, i get alot of condensation on the walls near the floor that then accumulate and create small puddles on the floor but only in the bedroom. There are no leaks because in warmer weather during crazy rain storms we get nothing. There is also condensation inside the closets. Should I try to spray foam underneath the trailer where its exposed? Or get a floor heater as the bedroom is furthest from the furnace and barely gets heat through the one vent in the bedroom. Any thoughts or similar experiences?
Artekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:48 AM   #2

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forums (JOF).

Condensation is always a concern especially in the winter. The condensation will occur whenever the surface temperature is lower than the dewpoint of the air. You can get a humidity meter to help you know when the humidity is high in the RV as it often is in the winter.

Things you can do: Ventilate the RV whenever showering or cooking (even if it is cold outside, just some ventilation not a lot). You can also use a fan to help distribute the heat better into the bedroom. Just doing those two things have made a huge difference in mine and all the previous RV's I have owned. However, I also have a compressor style De-Humidifier that I use on occasion especially when RVing in cold conditions which eliminates (within a few hours ~1/2 a day of running) the issue in mine. Keep in mind that the smaller and in particular the extremely low cost dehumidifiers don't really remove enough moisture to be worthwhile imo, except perhaps while in storage. ~CA

BTW, keep an eye out for moisture buildup under the mattress, don't let it happen as it can ruin mattress and the wood frame for it. I have a mesh material (forgot the name brand of it) that I placed under my mattress that allows air flow under the mattress, not much air flow but enough to prevent any moisture issues.

Tags
bedroom, condensation, glacier, heater, water