Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #1

Considering Towing Honda

Hello All,
We are looking into purchasing a Jayco 31XL Class C. We would be moving up from towing a 25 ft trailer with my GMC Sierra. I would like to tow our 2016 Honda Odyssey with the motorhome. What is everyone's thoughts on this? I am a little nervous about having something that long. Will it be stressful to tow? It looks like we will have to use a tow dolly, and some have warned against this, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for the advice!
QMastaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:18 AM   #2

Welcome to the JOF. As with anything you are bound to be a little nervous the first time you tow a vehicle behind your motorhome. Just do your homework ahead of time. Make sure your toad can be dollied and that the CVWR of both your coach and Honda are within limits as you don’t want to be overloaded. Make a checklist for the process of hooking up your dolly and toad and don’t let anything interrupt you while you are doing it. After you have hooked up for the first time take a short trip to a local parking lot and practice turning and making sure it tracks behind your coach. The more you do it the more comfortable you will get. Be confident, not complacent. There are lots of sources to check out the different methods of towing and you have to do what’s best for you. Keep asking questions as there are a lot of experienced and informed people out there so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Good luck in your search for your new coach and let us know how it turns out.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:25 AM   #3

I don't believe any Honda can be flat towed anymore, at least since 2015. I know 2014 was the last year the CRV could be flat towed. Motorhome Magazine's 2016 Dinghy Guide does not list any Hondas.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
honda odyssey, motorhome, tow