Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2019, 07:26 PM   #1

Critter in underbelly

We have a Jayflight Baja with the covered underbelly. I was out at the trailer today and I could here something in the underbelly. It is not sealed tight as it is just a cover not a heated basement.
Any suggestions on how to get the critter out.
Husband suggested taking the cover right off as it only gives them a place to hide.
There is no sign of any critters in the trailer no dropping at all.
He is concerned about chewing wiring. So far everything is working.
Jeepyj93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:07 PM   #2

Peppermint oil on cotton balls placed in and around the area will rid you of the little buggers.
Xboaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:18 PM   #3

Aquire and train a pet mongoose.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:01 PM   #4

We also have the Baja version, but I removed the entire plasti-core cover sheeting because of rodents of all description; squirrels, chipmunks, and pack-rats. The factory installation of the plasti-core sheet was worse than useless, holes and sloppy cut-outs, and lack of care in the whole install allowed rodents into the underbelly. After removing the sheeting I had to also repair additional cut-outs and poke-throughs that were allowing rodent to access into the cabinet containing the AC/DC wiring and the on board water tank. The wiring to all the tank sensors was chewed into a mass of stranded wire that had to be replaced. Also the brake light wiring was chewed to bits. There was plenty of dry grass, leaves, and other nest making materials. After finding all the bad wiring, I had to sort out all the damage and re-wire the tail lights and the black and gray tank wiring. The plasti-core sheeting as installed by the factory provided the perfect home for the rodents, like having their own Hanta hotel. I have previously worked in mobile home construction so I was able to successfully make all the necessary repairs even though the 145rb baja was under warranty. Good Luck!!!
ranchosinvacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:29 PM   #5

Removing the plastic cover is whet we are going to do tomorrow. That is exactly what we said it is useless and gives them a place to live.
Jeepyj93 is offline   Reply With Quote