Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #1

Current Jayco Scam

I've recently found a scam on Kijiji and ebay. They are selling a 2003 Jayco Granite Ridge for 5000. When you click to email them, they say they are going through Cabot and Campbell Consignment. If you go to their webpage, it is very impressive! But its all a scam. If you goggle street all their depot addresses, they are trailer parks, condos, etc. Their bank is located in London and the fax numbers you have to fax the wire transfer receipt are in Florida, Nevada and California. I found an old ebay ad of the actual owner that had sold it. I sent him the photos they sent me and everything down to the description was lifted from his ebay ad.

If you google Cabot and Campbell reviews, you find people asking if anyone had dealt with them and there's lots of positive remarks.

Dont be fooled! Its a scam. Never send money to anyone! Do not send money to Cabot and Campbell! The person that I dealt with was a Susan Barring but who knows who it really was. I'm sure there are lots of people being taken in. Keep your money safe!
nslady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #2

Looks like it's been taken down on e-bay.....
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:11 AM   #3

Craigslist has them too. Fun to look at. One time they listed a Kubota tractor in Kalamazoo for a super low price and in the background of the photos there were palm trees. We don't have palm trees in Kalamazoo.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:02 AM   #4

You see many scams on craigs list every day, there's a sucker born every minute
1985 21' Hi-Lo (Sold)
93 Yamaha G9A

Dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #5

Had a similar scam attempt last summer when we attempted to sell our 2013 Jayco 365 through CL. Within a few days of listing it, I received a text from a guy offering me full asking price. As exited as we were to think we were going to sell it for full asking, the deal just didn't seem right. Shortly after agreeing to purchase it, the guy text back and claims he has been called "off shore" for his work, and can only communicate via text. He asks for my Pay-pal account where he can wire the money to. Provided the buyer with this info and was told he would wire the funds the following day. This is where it got funny because the following day I receive a text along with a very convincing email indicating he had sent the money and had included an extra $2500 to cover the cost of the transport company. Claimed the transport company was charging him $2000 to tow the camper to his destination, but he sent me an extra because he was only able to do 1 transfer, so the extra $500 was mine to keep. Here's where it got really funny. I was suppose to Western Union $2000 to an account that he provided, and within an hour of me doing so, my funds, along with the extra $500 would be available to me. A quick search of Pay-Pal/Western Union pulled up several pages of scams that were pretty much identical to what this fella was trying to pull off. I text the guy back letting him know I was onto his scam and never heard another word, but it was funny because over the following week or so, I had 2 more "text buyers" just like the first who were willing to pay full asking price. LOL
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote