Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2021, 08:15 PM   #1

Dealer Installation

We had our hybrid in the shop. We got it back and went camping for a week and everything was looking good. On the way to the campground a trucker pulled us over and told us the air conditioner was lifting in the back.
We took a look at the ac from inside. It had two long bolts in the front and none in the back. It looked like it could not come loose.
When we got home I found black marks and stones in the roof. So I called the dealer and the response was not very good. At this time we are taking the trailer back tomorrow.
Click image for larger version

Name:	A4A4CAC5-6638-4064-9677-3B51AC4EAA59.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	75924

Click image for larger version

Name:	671FE94C-93EC-4FF5-B125-425A213FED98.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	75925
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:21 PM   #2

What year and model HTT do you have?

I cannot foresee how those black marks are related to the AC. The one picture looks like the marks are along the awning. If the AC unit was hit hard, it would not just be missing 2 bolts, it would be extremely damaged. The missing bolts would just let the AC wiggle around at the mounting location. All that black and stone damage appears to be unrelated to the AC unit. More pictures showing a brooder view might show more.

As for the AC bolts. They do need to be inspected at least annually. It is very common on delivery, being a bit loose. They should be just a bit more snug than finger tight. If you tighten them down to much the seal becomes compressed, and you will need to replace the gasket within a year or two.

How old is your TT? Have you been on the roof before? If it is fairly new, wonder if it was damaged in shipment? Do you store the TT at a storage facility? Wonder if someone else did damage while moving their equipment (thinking a man lift of some type). What ever it is from, the first picture with the three vertical lines is very suspicious to me.

Good luck, hopefully nothing more than needing a few new bolts and a gasket.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:56 PM   #3

The trailer is a 2007. We replaced the air conditioner last summer. Then Furrion replaced it this year. It went back because it would make loud noise then a bang. The first ac had the squirrel cage replaced. It went to pieces at the dealer. Then I call Furrion and they replaced it.
The holes can be repaired. The ac can have the back bolts put in. The 4 bolts have to be set with a torque wrench and not just tightened.
We sealed the roof after the first av was put in. I keep the roof white. We travel out west and we spend the winter in Florida.
This trailer has been completely rebuilt. That is what I did when COVID hit us.
We took the trailer back back today and the services manager looked at it and could not believe the damage. If you are honest and talk nice you will get more help. When the dealer knows we have purchased trailers starting in 1974. Back then you had to add the awning and air conditioner. They did not come as they do today.
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote