Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2018, 05:47 AM   #1

Dealer or Independent for warranty Work

Just read a post on another thread titled “Just want to move on,” which brings me to this question:

How many of you have come to rely on independent/mobile techs to make your warranty repairs, as opposed to downing your rigs for weeks/months at a time at a dealer?

If you have been using independent/mobile techs, have you had any issues in getting Jayco to cover the expense?

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:34 AM   #2

My experience has been that Jayco will approve warranty work at an independent dealer if you get prior approval. But then you have to pay for the bill and then submit it to Jayco for reimbursement. I have done this at least 3 times and Jayco usually sends a check within 2-3 weeks of my invoice submittal.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice1951 View Post
My experience has been that Jayco will approve warranty work at an independent dealer if you get prior approval. But then you have to pay for the bill and then submit it to Jayco for reimbursement. I have done this at least 3 times and Jayco usually sends a check within 2-3 weeks of my invoice submittal.
X-2 We've used Mobile Techs while traveling and JAYCO was very responsive.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:12 PM   #4

Good to know!
Thanks!

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #5

My local dealer is very good at getting us in and out in a timely manner. We have used a mobile tech once to repair a water leak under the kitchen sink. Jayco was very responsive and reimbursed us in a week of the claim submission. Very impressed.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #6

I haven't need any work on my Jayco TT (knock on wood) but on my prior TT a different manufacturer allowed us to get warranty work done at an independent dealer and the dealer (who had dealt with Jayco in the past) actually did the work and charged Jayco directly so we had no out of pocket cost. That might be the exception and it wasn't costly (replace shower drain, replace insulation material under the shower, find/repair short in trailer running lights, find/repair issue with one stereo speaker). I'm guessing I might have had to pay out of pocket and wait for Jayco to reimburse had it been a more expensive repair.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
I haven't need any work on my Jayco TT (knock on wood) but on my prior TT a different manufacturer allowed us to get warranty work done at an independent dealer and the dealer (who had dealt with Jayco in the past) actually did the work and charged Jayco directly so we had no out of pocket cost. That might be the exception and it wasn't costly (replace shower drain, replace insulation material under the shower, find/repair short in trailer running lights, find/repair issue with one stereo speaker). I'm guessing I might have had to pay out of pocket and wait for Jayco to reimburse had it been a more expensive repair.
They do have independent shops that they deal directly with.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
They do have independent shops that they deal directly with.
Actually I should have said if the repairs were more extensive I might have had to wait for KZ to reimburse me (they were the manufacturer of the trailer I had at the time).

That said I'm hoping the same local shop will work with Jayco if I should need a warranty repair. I have a feeling (hope I'm wrong) that the local Jayco dealer that I originally discussed buying from won't give me a lot of help since I ended up purchasing the TT from a different dealer. I never had a formal purchase agreement with them, just a will call you when a unit comes in. We were told mid-April which got pushed out to May and then got pushed out to June "maybe" so we ended up purchasing the unit from a dealer in another state that had the unit in stock.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:59 AM   #9

Tried several independent shops in Phoenix.All were interested until I mentioned Jayco hummmm!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote