Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #21

I ordered my Eagle fifth wheel last March. Dealer gave me a great price about 32% off list price. I was told in May that it would be a 2019 model and dealer told me they would honor the price as I already had it on order.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerIsMe View Post
You have to think - the parts for your new trailer are already sitting in the Jayco factory, bought and paid for, so why would they suddenly jack up the cost? it's not like you order your trailer and Jayco sends some guy out to buy all the parts. I would think maybe freight could vary because of the fluctuation in fuel costs but that can't be a whole lot.
Parts arrive just about the time a unit is produced, they are not sitting around on JAYCO's campus well in advance.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:54 PM   #23

Negotiate it, maybe get a lower cost on a slide out topper or something
Old 02-05-2019, 01:12 PM   #24

That's great information to have when ordering new, thanks for sharing.
One thing we experienced when ordering new is the fiver didn't come with one of the options ordered.
Take your list of options ordered and have them show you everything.
Lazyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:40 PM   #25

BEWARE. That same clause is also included in all new car orders due to the tariffs.
Have you ever looked at a trailer or auto for the mfg date? Do you realize all dealers mark up is gauged t the point of sale based on current mfg costs. Nobody give you a discount from current costs for units mfg over a year ago.
Think about it..... we all pay based on market not cost. Basic economics
txauditr-ret. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:47 AM   #26

I’ve always used a credit card deposit on the last three coaches I bought. AMEX or Discover. If the Dealer ever pulled anything funny on me I always had recource with the credit card company to stop payment.

Majority of dealers play games with money and numbers all the time. Trying to sell you extended warrantees and services you don’t need, it’s disgusting! I had an agreed-upon a $2,500 deposit on my first coach then at the final signing they handed me a paper with 10,000 deposit at a much higher DOUBLE interest-rate! When I said that’s not what I agreed to, AND I asked for the salesman, they said the salesman has nothing to do with this deal! I got up and started to walk out, they finally ran my credit and came back with the proper percentage rate they promised and the proper deposit! Needless to say they finally got rid of that finance manager!

However, there are a few good ones out there. It’s a shame the bad ones give everyone a bad reputation.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:55 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Parts arrive just about the time a unit is produced, they are not sitting around on JAYCO's campus well in advance.

You ARE Grumpy
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerIsMe View Post
You ARE Grumpy

That may be true, but Grumpy is right. It's called Just In Time (aka JIT). That way the vendor may have items stocked and sitting around, but the manufacturer doesn't.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:06 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
I’ve always used a credit card deposit on the last three coaches I bought. AMEX or Discover. If the Dealer ever pulled anything funny on me I always had recource with the credit card company to stop payment.

Majority of dealers play games with money and numbers all the time. Trying to sell you extended warrantees and services you don’t need, it’s disgusting! I had an agreed-upon a $2,500 deposit on my first coach then at the final signing they handed me a paper with 10,000 deposit at a much higher DOUBLE interest-rate! When I said that’s not what I agreed to, AND I asked for the salesman, they said the salesman has nothing to do with this deal! I got up and started to walk out, they finally ran my credit and came back with the proper percentage rate they promised and the proper deposit! Needless to say they finally got rid of that finance manager!

However, there are a few good ones out there. It’s a shame the bad ones give everyone a bad reputation.
We did the exact same thing... We negotiated back and forth an hour and a half after closing time on a Saturday until we worked out an agreeable deal.

They wanted us to write a check for the deposit before we left - but told them we only brought our wallets.... No checkbook! They did not want to take our American Express for our 10k Deposit - and after even more back and forth they finally did when I told them - Here I am offering a deposit, and you are refusing my method of payment?

While the stalemate over the Deposit ensued, I called American Express on my mobile phone in front of them to report that they were refusing my payment - as they heard my side of the story with AMEX, they decided they would take it. They took American Express in the Parts Store and for Service, Decals on the front door says it was "proudly accepted". I suspect that they did not want to eat the transaction fees that AMEX charges... and I suspect that they don't want to deal with a contested transaction with "AMEX Purchase Protection"

Later on, when we went to pick up our Seneca - I had to threaten them with walking away from the deal a number of times, and filing a claim with AMEX and the BBB. I had all of the details in writing (sometimes had to make them write down stuff on their stationery with date and signatures - Items Owed, Items to be repaired, Items to be replaced) I deferred signing the Sales Contract until all of the other documents were revised and corrected and had everything written and documented. (they kept saying that they would do this and fix that when the next time I brought it back, but would not put it in writing. Once I had a copy of that stuff in a document, I signed the Sales Contract.

Consumers need to protect themselves... there are many unscrupulous dealers out there that take advantage of us. Ours was one of them.

Disclaimer: I did not mention who the dealership was in this post... I won't post it in THIS thread.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:06 AM   #30

The dealers have an additional game. They have in their contract a total price of the financing. Even if you early pay, you are responsible for the total. Read your contract.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:24 PM   #31

Quote:
I ordered my 2018 North Point in January 2018 and I took delivery in April 2018. On our first trip, one of the end brackets on the MCD shades broke. I called MCD directly. They were very accommodating and asked that I take a picture of the end bracket and email it to them. About 15 minutes later they called and said they were surprised Jayco was using the plastic brackets since MCD had problems with them and started making metal brackets about a year before I ordered! So obviously Jayco must have had a slew of those discontinued plastic brackets lying around!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:41 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
That may be true, but Grumpy is right. It's called Just In Time (aka JIT). That way the vendor may have items stocked and sitting around, but the manufacturer doesn't.
Back in my old neighborhood "jit" meant something else. I won't say what.

Anyway I guess that explains why I couldn't get a 2019 HT with 2018 sofa and chairs. LSNED.
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory order, price increase, purchase agreement