Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #1

Dealer selections

We are new to RV’s.

Looking at the 267BHS as the floor plan looks good for our family.

Researching prices and seeing wild swings to exact feature sets.

RVOne is definitely the least expensive. By about 3k.

Anyone have experience with them? Or other bits of wisdom as to what I should look for I a dealer.
Seanv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanv1 View Post
We are new to RV’s.

Looking at the 267BHS as the floor plan looks good for our family.

Researching prices and seeing wild swings to exact feature sets.

RVOne is definitely the least expensive. By about 3k.

Anyone have experience with them? Or other bits of wisdom as to what I should look for I a dealer.
No but I did buy thru an online dealer. My advice is buy where you get the best price after making sure that the price is all inclusive of out the door cost you will pay. Don't let them quote a price and then add delivery and dealer prep charges. Be reasonable, don't drive 250 miles to save a couple hundred bucks.

I place no value in buying locally unless they agree to match pricing. You will hear from others on the forum that dealers might refuse to service units that they didn't sell or put you at the bottom of the priority list for warrantee work. I bought from the dealer near the factory in Middleburry In and they never saw me again. I did go thru them to replace one of the lounge chairs and they had it shipped directly to my home. The closes dealer [90 miles one way] did the final work as I neared the 2 year mark. They were easy to deal with, had me email them a list of the items that needed attention that allowed them to get authorization from Jayco BEFORE I took my TT in.

Get your best all inclusive price and print it. Take the offer to your local dealer and ask them to match it. They will squirm and talk about their shipping costs, floorplan costs, and their kids dentures but if they don't match then go back to the other seller.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
Site Team

I was one of the lucky ones that found my local dealer to have the best price on my unit by almost $1000, even over the online mega dealers. This doesn't always happen obviously, but it doesn't doesn't hurt to bring the online price you have been given to your local dealer to see if they can match.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #4

Full timing eight years but I do like mechanical modification so the distance to the RV dealership is not an issue. RV wholesale had the best price for us but they don't do trade so we found Camping World. Not a lot of good reviews with Camping World's across the nation but they were looking to get rid of one that we loved and we were buying one. Needed to install Timbrens on the truck. Lost on the trade-in (doesn't everybody) but gained on the purchased. I would recommend Camping World of Davenport Iowa to my family. Just say'n...
Attached Thumbnails
2017 NP 381DLQS With 2015 F250 6.7 XLT.jpg  

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote