Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2020, 09:15 AM   #1

Dealer service center backlog!

We just finished our first long distance trip (2,700 miles) and I noticed some minor warranty issues, so I called my dealer to schedule an appointment this morning. First available day was August 19! Seems the COVID shutdown has backed everything up. Just wanted to give a heads up for those who may need work done. Be prepared for even longer wait time.
Dealerproofed by Powerstroke Specialties
Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Airbags | Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
SB_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:23 AM   #2

Call Jayco direct and get an authorization to take it to an independent RV shop.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_James View Post
First available day was August 19! Seems the COVID shutdown has backed everything up. Just wanted to give a heads up for those who may need work done. Be prepared for even longer wait time.
Not just COVID. The fact that RV's are selling at a record pace and most dealers are buried in not only service, but also getting new rigs ready for delivery.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:29 PM   #4

If the factories don't get Mobil service trucks and get on top of the dealer servicing units that they sell weather or not if they actually sold it the reputation will get even worse. The manufacturers need to push for more new campgrounds also, with 400,000 plus new campers a year and no new campgrounds it's getting hard to go anywhere to use your camper.
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:47 PM   #5

@hyperactive, you’re right about the campground situation! We used to go to St. George island state park in FL every September in the mid-2000’s and it was easy to get a spot. Now it is booked solid 21 months out!

FYI- my items are more nuisance issues than critical stop-camping. So I will likely do most of it myself. The biggest thing creeping up is the Schwintech gear on the kitchen slide is starting to take chips out of the gear rack so I might need that adjusted and wanted to take advantage of the 2 year warranty. I might call Jayco and see what my options are.
Dealerproofed by Powerstroke Specialties
Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Airbags | Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
SB_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperactive View Post
If the factories don't get Mobil service trucks and get on top of the dealer servicing units that they sell weather or not if they actually sold it the reputation will get even worse. The manufacturers need to push for more new campgrounds also, with 400,000 plus new campers a year and no new campgrounds it's getting hard to go anywhere to use your camper.
Many local governments are the problem, they won't allow them to be built.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:45 PM   #7

Another big problem is a shortage of parts due to the virus. I deal with several companies(Non RV) and so much is backordered, some things will not be back in stock until late Oct.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:07 PM   #8

It has become a challenge to find an RV site.The idea of- Let's just take off for the weekend is a thing of the past
Old 06-26-2020, 04:08 PM   #9

Actually this is pretty normal this time of year.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperactive View Post
RVIA represents the campground owners as well as the manufacturers.

As long as people keep buying RVs with the warranty situation the way it is the manufacturers are not going to change. Also, the more RVs the dealers sell the longer the wait for warranty repairs.

For the small nit noid stuff I would Call Jayco and ask if they would send the parts for self install. I would only go to the dealer for major items.

My plan is a Factory Service visit in August and when I pick the coach up from that service appointment I'll make an appointment for another visit a month out from warranty expiration. If I don't need it then I'll cancel the appointment.

BTW, we have not had any issues making campground reservations. We have three reservations on the books now (all private rv parks) and all of them have been made within the last two weeks. My daughter and SIL made two reservations within the last 2 weeks with one at a state park and one at a private campground.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
Call Jayco direct and get an authorization to take it to an independent RV shop.

X2

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote